Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nublet Question....is there a off-the-shelf kit for fox/notch mustangs?

Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nublet Question....is there a off-the-shelf kit for fox/notch mustangs?

As the title says....considering trying this since i really have been fond of those era mustangs, but love the ls1 (of course)......if not how hard is it to fab? I have friends that weld, and Im well inclined mechanically and have plenty of tools.

TIA
Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

AJE racing has a bolt in LSX k-member and Kooks makes some damn nice longtubes for it and the mustang. Pretty straightforward swap.

www.ajeracing.com
Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

How come they don't have anything for a t-56 swap? I'd love to have a 95 Mustang with an LSX and a 6 speed.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

The K member is the same k member as the rest of the fox k members aje offers, but with ls1 mounts so it's not a complete one off piece. I'm sure most companies haven't saw enough demand to really make such components. I'd imagine if ( or should I say when) this swap gets more popular, such as the ls1 fc's, the aftermarket will catch up. Until then I settle to do some measuring and a little fab work.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by can'tfindausername
The K member is the same k member as the rest of the fox k members aje offers, but with ls1 mounts so it's not a complete one off piece. I'm sure most companies haven't saw enough demand to really make such components. I'd imagine if ( or should I say when) this swap gets more popular, such as the ls1 fc's, the aftermarket will catch up. Until then I settle to do some measuring and a little fab work.
What more do you want? On mustangs the K member is the way it is because of suspension geometry. Putting motor mounts is a fine solution, what else would you suggest?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nublet Question....is there a off-the-shelf kit for fox/notch mustangs?