Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on DBW gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on DBW gas pedal

I have a pedal and tac module from a tahoe but want to use the C5 pedal I have. the conector does not fit in the C5 pedal but will, if trim off one guide inside the pedal conector. are they wired the same? they both have the same number of wires.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I doubt it. Check the part number for the pedal position sensor. If they're different, they most likely wont work. Everyone tells me pedal, TAC, and cars computer must match.
You could try to swap pedal position sensors though, not sure if that will work either.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garys 68
I doubt it. Check the part number for the pedal position sensor. If they're different, they most likely wont work. Everyone tells me pedal, TAC, and cars computer must match.
You could try to swap pedal position sensors though, not sure if that will work either.
I will have to check, but the pedal and tac module are from earlier model and the eng and computer are a 2006 model and it is working with that tac module and peda. the C5 pedal would just mount easier
Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience has been somewhat different - I'm using the ECM/programming from an '07/'08 Escalade & the accelerator pedal from an '07/'08 Vette. Before I bought the parts, I called a local dealership & picked the service writer's brain (regarding this same question) for about 20-25 minutes. He started off by saying 'no way', but when I had him compare the service documentation for each pedal ***'y, they were exactly the same - word for word.

I don't know 100% that they'll work together seamlessly, but I'm pretty confident that they will. (Might need to change the one connector...)

My best guess is that if your parts are from the same year -or very close- there's a decent chance that they'll work, but you'd be well-advised to dbl-check with your local dealer, or someone who can give you a definite answer.

Late note - I did a quick search, and here's the thread where I asked the same question...

HTH.

Quick Reply: question on DBW gas pedal