Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness/ecu for turbo swap car

Old 08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness/ecu for turbo swap car

Ok, did some searching but didn't come up with a specific answer. I have a 68 firebird I'm swapping an 02 6.0 into. I'm planning on doing a turbo set up at the same or shortly after it's all up and running.
What I got is a 6.0 and a factory ecu. The harness was butchered and any sensor not bolted to the motor isn't there.
So, I'm thinking by the time I buy all of the various missing sensors, a good used harness, and some sort of tuning software so I can get everything right after it's boosted I might be best off to just buy a complete aftermarket setup? What's available for something like this? I know FAST has something but I'd rather not spend the three grand. Is there a more budget friendly alternative or am I piecing together factory stuff and buying tuning software?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Teching In

I am running megasquirt on my 5.3 turbo setup. Cost about $300. Just depends on how much DIY you want and what your ultimate goals are.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Does the megasquirt come with it's own harness or do I still need a stock one?
Not afraid of doing anything myself. Especially if it helps keep the costs down. I'd actually rather do more myself.
How much boost is the megasquirt capable of reading? Or does it work with any available map sensor?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Teching In

It is easiest to use a stock harness. I think it supports 20psi boost with the standard MAP sensor and is able to be upgraded.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harness/ecu for turbo swap car