Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has converted to lever style e-brake on their 1st gen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who has converted to lever style e-brake on their 1st gen?

I am getting ready to fix my e-brake cable because the adjustment bolt thing got bent and now hangs down and i was looking in my parts 4th gen and i still have the console (whick i will be using in my 68) and the e-brake assembly and was wondering if i could use that in my 68 as well. Has anyone done that? I am running drum brakes in the rear.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did it but I am using LS1 rear discs too. I got all the cables and the plate where the cables meet from the 4th gen car. I'm also running a G-Bar so I flipped the brakes to the opposite sides to make the e-brakes front pull. You might also have to cut the tunnel and make a recess for the e-brake lever to mount to or it will sit a little too high.

Don
Old 08-16-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Do you have any pics of your setup? My ebrakes pull from the front from what i remember.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shawn MacAnanny
Do you have any pics of your setup? My ebrakes pull from the front from what i remember.
I think it's just a case of cutting out that plate where the cables join together on the 4th gen and then seeing how the drum cable lengths line up with the e brake lever cable. I just bolted that plate to the side of the driveshaft tunnel.

Don
Old 08-17-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to do something simular to the Nova. I've seen a few cars use street rod levers. I'm guessing they may fit better.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
I'd like to do something simular to the Nova. I've seen a few cars use street rod levers. I'm guessing they may fit better.

You can buy a lever etc from Lokar. It won't fit as well with the 4th gen console though.

Not sure if the Lokar cables would work with the 4th gen lever but it would be worth checking.

Don
Old 08-17-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at the Lokar stuff but day-am it's expensive. Even from Summit the lever and cables are going to cost well over $200. You can do a lot of fabrication with the IV gen stuff or even hit pick n pull to see what else you can find for that kind of money.

Pat
Old 08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Haha ill make my 4th gen setup work. I havent had it off yet but i mean my rear cables are a loop atached by an ajustable front cable so it really cant be that hard. I have no interior pannels in my car and dont plan on running any if that says anything about my desire to have something appealing rather than fucntional.

Quick Reply: Who has converted to lever style e-brake on their 1st gen?