Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Special One peice engine cover LSX 454

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special One peice engine cover LSX 454

I need a one peice engine cover for an LSX GM performance block 454 the guys at street and performance said all the other truck and LS stuff wont fit not wid enough. any ideas on where to get one or who can make one???

Help!!!

Thanks

KP
Old 08-18-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you want a custom cover.. have you tried to mock up a card board one that you designed and then take it over to a fabicator and have him make one of of sheet metal or Alumnun.. or even fiberglass...?

I started to make some Coil Covers for mine out of card board and will go on to trying to fab one up out of sheet metal or alum next.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/954269-coil-cover-ideas.html

Have you seen one that you got in mind !? pictures ?

There are a few that I have seen on the net that for the coil covers only, and can have custom words or lettering, as well as plain. But for a whole cover. I think you are on your own !
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Why do you need an engine cover?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Yes I have thought about fabing one up but thought I would see what was out there first. I do have a few ideas as to what I would like if I cant buy one I will moore than likely make one out of fiberglass myself. as for why i want a cover take a look and tell me it wouldnt look better with a cover.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29090484@N03/?saved=1
Old 08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, I would think that just some smooth Coil Covers with a few choice word and letters would clean up your engine bay a lot and maybe paint your Intake to match.

I personally think a whole engine cover would look kinda Hokie, but that is my opinion...... But if you can come up with something that fits the look of the engine bay and car.. then lets take a look at it ! you might change my opinion.

Quick Reply: Special One peice engine cover LSX 454