Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Change Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Change Checklist

Hi there, its about time to take my jeep to a referee seeing how my registration is now expired. I can't for the life of me find a checklist of sorts as to what needs to be done/what can't be done for a California legal swap. I know the basics, but I wanted to have everything nailed down before I take it in. Anyone know of a guide or list for California engine change specifics? I'd like to proceed with my exhaust right now but I don't know what can and cant be done with cats. I've searched both the site and online. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe that it's not posted online somewhere... (Of course it'll almost CERTAINLY be written in "weasel-ese", so that may not help...)

Here - these two links should get you started. Link 1 Link 2

BTW, the RUMOR is that if you have one of these stickers, you might have a better chance of passing... (Yes, I'm being TOTALLY smart-a$$ right now...)
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ref? read: http://smogcheck.ca.gov/

My brother in law and I were in the process of doing a ls2/honda s2000 swap till i read this crap. I smogged my LS6/93 rx7 yesterday and the smog tech said that the ref will only be closed for a couple of months. I hope hes wright.

Quick Reply: Engine Change Checklist