Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF wiring question

Ok, I have a Zo6 MAF that takes the 5 wire plug, and I have a 02 Camaro wire harness that has the 3 wire MAF sensor plug and 2 wire temp sensor plug. I went to the dealership and orderd a new pigtail for the 5 wire plug and it was pretty cheap. The plan was to cut the 5 current wires and splice them into the new plug. Well I get the new plug and ALL the wires are white. No way to tell which wire goes where. Can I just splice them in anywhere on the plug and it will work ok? I doubt it will but thats why Im asking.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
Ok, I have a Zo6 MAF that takes the 5 wire plug, and I have a 02 Camaro wire harness that has the 3 wire MAF sensor plug and 2 wire temp sensor plug. I went to the dealership and orderd a new pigtail for the 5 wire plug and it was pretty cheap. The plan was to cut the 5 current wires and splice them into the new plug. Well I get the new plug and ALL the wires are white. No way to tell which wire goes where. Can I just splice them in anywhere on the plug and it will work ok? I doubt it will but thats why Im asking.

OK here is the deal. If you hold the pigtail so that you are looking at it's TERMINALS with the CONNECTOR's LATCH DOWN, The terminals (and wires behind them) are labeled as A starting on the LEFT and run to E on the right.

A: +5 for IAT
B: IAT signal

(note that A and B can be swapped going back to your factory harness with no issue, but the rest must be right)

C: Ground, factory color blk/wht
D: Ignition ON supply, factory color pink
E: MAF signal, factory color yellow

Last edited by Frost; 06-18-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
OK here is the deal. If you hold the pigtail so that you are looking at it's TERMINALS with the CONNECTOR's LATCH DOWN, The terminals (and wires behind them) are labeled as A starting on the LEFT and run to E on the right.

A: +5 for IAT
B: IAT signal

(note that A and B can be swapped going back to your factory harness with no issue, but the rest must be right)

C: Ground, factory color blk/wht
D: Ignition ON supply, factory color pink
E: MAF signal, factory color yellow

FWIW I sell an adapter harness here: http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/927

THANK YOU!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

DAMN IT I wish I would have seen this yesterday before I bought a cheap *** harness on ebay for the same price but without the IAT plug
Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9
THANK YOU!!!
Thanks, Mine was backwards.

Quick Reply: MAF wiring question