Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another fox body build

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another fox body build

Well I'm jumping on the band wagon and doing a ls motor into a fox body. I'm using the search button alot and have a very good idea on how to get this done. My only problem is would like to use a novi 2000 blower i have sitting around my garage. i have looked and can't find brackets to find the blower to an ls motor. How hard would it be to make the brackets? Does anyone know of a company that makes them?

Dan
Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess if I was in your situation, I would find a Vortech or Procharger blower that has around the same measurements of the Novi 2000 and then use those brackets. You then could modify those brackets and it should work with a little ingenuity.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

That's what i was thinking. The only problem is getting the brackets to compare to the blower. I think you could call paxton and see if they are any help. i found east coast supercharging that have brackets for a vette. From the pic's i don't think i will fit a mustang.

Last edited by 2001blackta; 09-04-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Launching!

search for a thread by 6Lstang..I think thats the user name....hes got a vortech setup on his car....
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Launching!

here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...981&highlight=
Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks this should get me started on the right path.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

If they make brackets for the truck motor kit(s) that would be what you are going to want I believe since they typically mount up high on DS which with the battery in the trunk wouldn't be too bad. You may very well need a cowl hood though.

I was considering doing a centrifugal charger on my setup initially and found a company that makes brackets for many of the mainstream chargers that mount low. They are sold as bracket kits only and are designed or their intended use is for Sand Rails. I can't find anything now (go figure since I'm trying to share info) but if you look thru some of the forums for sandrails and the like I think that is where I found the company.

Just curious - why not turbo it? Would be much easier and more than likely cost the same or even less if you can weld or know someone willing to do it for you.

Best of luck to you!
Dave
Old 09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mulletnotch
If they make brackets for the truck motor kit(s) that would be what you are going to want I believe since they typically mount up high on DS which with the battery in the trunk wouldn't be too bad. You may very well need a cowl hood though.

I was considering doing a centrifugal charger on my setup initially and found a company that makes brackets for many of the mainstream chargers that mount low. They are sold as bracket kits only and are designed or their intended use is for Sand Rails. I can't find anything now (go figure since I'm trying to share info) but if you look thru some of the forums for sandrails and the like I think that is where I found the company.

Just curious - why not turbo it? Would be much easier and more than likely cost the same or even less if you can weld or know someone willing to do it for you.

Best of luck to you!
Dave

All of the kits for gm trucks use novi 1200 blower and I'm not sure if the blower case is the same. sandrail kits?? i will look into one of those kits. A turbo would be nice but i have a novi 2000 just sitting on the self.

Dan
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Teching In

paxton was no help at all.

Quick Reply: Another fox body build