Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Need a new top

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a new top

Yes, I have searched...

Looking for the best quality replacement black top for my vert.

Does anyone have the $399 YearOne top? Is is just the canvas or the entire thing?

Can I re-use my rear glass on the new top?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.topsonline.com

They have a StayFast top (canvas, like the stock one) with defroster glass window for $459. I stand behind their product 100%. I bought one of their glass window StayFast tops for my '91 and it looks 10x better than the original one. Plus it was a nice upgrade getting rid of the plastic window. I know yours had glass originally, but even still, their product is extremely durable. Great quality for sure.

Also, they sell just the top without the window, or just the window without the top, so if your glass window is in good shape you can buy just the top for $269 and take it to an upholstery shop to have it installed.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

got mine from aa best co. great quality/customer service was great and last time i checked they still have a 5yr warranty on them.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

www.topsonline.com seems to be the best price I could find after an hour of searching. I couldnt get on aa best co's site or ebay store..kinda like they dont exist anymore, lol. Heres a tip....if you get a plastic window you have less of a chance of the window falling out...the glass window is heavy and eventually will leak or fall out.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i did a search for aa best co and it seems that it's store is temporarly closed......????? dont think they went belly up though.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one on ebay and installed it a couple of weeks ago. The member name is hindsightseeing. The top was about the same price as topsonline (also on ebay). This member also sells the stayfast tops, but I chose this member because they include a dvd showing how to install the top yourself. It turned out great. It is a full weekend project if you have never installed one before (like me).

As for reusing your existing window, it depends. The piece of canvas that is below your window is part of the window assembly. If that piece is faded, discolored, or you are changing colors, then you need a new window. If it is in good shape, you can just get a new top.

I don't recommend going with the plastic window. It will discolor and become brittle. I have never heard of the glass ones falling out. My car still had the original top (96 model) and the glass was in as strong as ever.

Quick Reply: Need a new top