Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

back window stitching coming off/out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question back window stitching coming off/out?

Any one else have this problem? I have the white vinyl top and was wondering if there is a way to fix it with out getting a new top?
Old 05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No fix other than replacing it. Mine did it too.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually you have several options. The best one is to replace the rear window curtain - it's separate from the rest of the top. I'd do this (in fact I did) if the rest of the top is in good condition. If you're handy and have time, you only need sockets, a drill and good staple gun to do the job. A cheaper alternative if its only the glass separating from the fabric/vinyl is to get a good construction adhesive to hold them back together. I used black silicone when the bottom part of the window separated (I have a black top), but it did not work when the top part of the window separated. The glass actually fell into the car on a really hot sunny day. That's when I bought the window curtain and did the deed. This was my first time doing it, so it took some time and I actually had to redo the bottom because of some creases in the fabric. It's been about a year now and its all holding up perfectly.

Quick Reply: back window stitching coming off/out?