Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

How to manual...

Old 11-20-2010, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to manual...

Can anybody point me in the right direction on getting a "How to"" manual on how to remove my top. I been looking on the previous threads and can see people talking about it but didnt see any directions. i would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow I cant believe no one has tried to help you yet...
Hey man if you haven't found directions on how to replace it use this link: http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show....php?p=5609869

I actually used this one:
http://www.camaroforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37312
but the top one seems like it will save you some time since he is not removing the headliner

I replaced mine a few weeks ago with a buddy and it took us about 7 hours.
Only thing frustrating is making sure the lower rear window and sides are pulled even and tight because you have to attach it to the rear bow with staples as one piece while it is off of the car so you dont really know 100% if it is going to be perfect the first time.
It is trial and error and one thing I can recommend is when you get to that point just add enough staples to where you can easily remove them and reposition if you have too, once the back window and side curtains are where you like then you can put the 100+ staples in that you had to initially take out lol.
Everything else was easy as hell.

Good luck and if you have any questions or dont understand what I am talking about please feel free to pm me.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might also check e-bay. I was curious and spent about $15 on an instructional DVD that was surprisingly good at showing everything step by step.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought my top from an ebay seller called hindsightseeing. It included a dvd showing how to replace the top on a firebird.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And before anyone asks (and they always ask), no I don't have it any more. I gave it to another member of the forum. He was the first to ask.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to manual...