Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

New ss conv

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ss conv

ok so i recently picked up my '00 m6 ss conv triple black with 71k miles for 9300(great condition, minor blemishes). I love the car, and the abundance of cheap parts is amazing. My goal is to have the car in the 11s by next may, going the route of full bolt ons maybe some spray. Already did rear seat delete, intake and short shift. My reason for this thread is to find out what things i need to consider compared to a normal fbody since i have the vert, ie how much more ill have to work to hit 11s, suspension differences etc. Thinking of doing 4 pt cage next. Any advice?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds sweet post some pics
Honestly besides the weight difference which really isnt much you are not going to find a lot of differences with our cars and "normal" fbodies suspension wise. Add some subframe connectors and that roll bar and you will be a happy man with the riggidity.
So many suspension setups for these cars so just take your time and check out all of the threads that basically cover every single thing that you can do...its overwhelming lol.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
Sounds sweet post some pics
Honestly besides the weight difference which really isnt much you are not going to find a lot of differences with our cars and "normal" fbodies suspension wise. Add some subframe connectors and that roll bar and you will be a happy man with the riggidity.
So many suspension setups for these cars so just take your time and check out all of the threads that basically cover every single thing that you can do...its overwhelming lol.
Thanks man I appreciate the help. Saw your build thread and I have to say that thing looks sick. What roll bar are you using? Also how did you get the 335s to fit? Im looking to get some c5z rims here soon with some bigger rubber but i dont know how big to go. Im gonna take some pics later this week when it stops raining, ill post some up then.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks I went with the Wolfe roll bar because the quality and price is amazing.
Most poeple will tell you to mount these 335's on a 11.5 12" rim but I have had zero issues with them mounted on a 10.5" rim for the last 10,000 miles and I have not been very nice to them at all
You will definitely need some tubular control arms, adjustable panhard (on car preferred) and some hammering of the inner wheel wells and then its trial and error...let it rub, take the wheel off hammer some more etc etc.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Teching In

will 315s fit without issue? ive got stock rims and 275s all around now, looking to maybe do some nt555s 275 up front and 315 rear when i get rims