Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

tonneau covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tonneau covers

Anyone use the RKsports tonneau covers? been thinking about this lately.

http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...mdid=4&catid=4
Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

I have the ones w/ the CF inlays, had them for ~10 years, although its probably been 5 since I've had them on. They look great, fit great. Only problem is that since they span all the way across, they tend to flex up and down when you hit bumps and squeek. The seat belt cut-outs also create a weak spot where cracks tend to form. I fixed this by fabricating a "prop" that supports the center at the front. Took care of the squeeking and will prevent cracking around the seat belt cut-outs.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Nice, thanks for the info. Did you take the back seat out? not because you had to just because you could lol If I remeber you have a custom stereo box, right? could you hide one under the cover, on the back seat?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Let me know if you decide to purchase one - I have one in excellent condition that I've owned for a LONG time but have only used a handful of times. I'll sell it @ a good price.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by LSTBRED
Nice, thanks for the info. Did you take the back seat out? not because you had to just because you could lol If I remeber you have a custom stereo box, right? could you hide one under the cover, on the back seat?
I didn't take my seat out, didn't need to since my sub-box fits between the trunk and the passenger compartment where that little filler panel goes. But yeah, if you had to, you could just lay down the back seat, put a big-'ol sub box on the folded seat, and plop this tonneau over it (if the box isn't too tall) and you wouldn't hardly see the sub. Can't say the tonneau woudn't rattle though.

Quick Reply: tonneau covers