Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Cover for Winter storage

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cover for Winter storage

As the title says, I am wondering what cover, if any, everyone uses on their car for winter storage. I have been looking at the SLP cover but am wondering what other options are available. My car has always been storage indoors but I am now wanting to get a cover to keep dust off it also. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used a California Car Cover for about 7 years and it's very good quality and quite soft on the car side.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedZag
I've used a California Car Cover for about 7 years and it's very good quality and quite soft on the car side.
This is my first year using the same. a Dustop cover. My wife bought it for me and was looking at one of the more premium covers with the softer lining, but the rep recommended that as long as it's stored indoors and cleaned before installation, the Dustop is the best bet as the others will leave a lot of lint on the convertible top.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I agree about California Car Covers. Quality and soft. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so far. I do like the Dustop cover as I park my car in a machine shed with a tractor and other farm equipment coming in and out of the shed. Still going to look around and see what money I have to get a good cover. As for the Dustop cover, how do you clean it after the winter storage? I haven't looked at that yet but personal cleaning experiences for the cover would be nice to hear. Thanks again everyone
Old 11-26-2013, 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with this one last year and it's good. In the spring, just shake the dust off.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...overs-jwm.html

Quick Reply: Cover for Winter storage