Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Question for C6 owners????

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for C6 owners????

I have had my TA since 03 and when I get back from Iraq I am looking at buying a z06. I am 6'8, I fit just fine in my TA. Will I have any problems fitting in a vette?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you might have a little issue there at your height. I am 5'9" and some of my taller buddies have problems getting behind the wheel.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

I am 6' 4" and I barely fit in my C5Z. I knew someone who was 6' 8" who owned a C4, and he had to drive it hunched over all the time. I guess it depends on where your height is. If it's in your torso (like me), you'll have a hard time. If it's in your legs, you might be okay. Just make sure you get a telescopic steering wheel option (2LZ+).

On a side note, there is more head room in my C6 coupe than there was in my C5Z. I could not lean back against the headrest in the C5Z without hitting the crossbar in the fixed roof. The C6 just feels a bit roomier overall even compared to my mother-in-law's C5 coupe. I leave the transparent roof on the C6 all the time, and that seems to have less of a "confined" feeling. You won't have that luxury in either a C5Z or a C6Z. My biggest complaint is my line of sight is almost at the visor, so I have to duck to see stop lights unless I can see them reflected in the fender.

There was definitely more room in my Trans Am than in either of my Vettes. I could wear a helmet in the T.A., but I will play hell wearing one in the Vette. This is the only thing making me leary of trading up to a Z06 because I may never be able to track it, which would totally defeat the purpose of getting one.

Last edited by CySevans; 11-10-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am 6ft 4 and my inseam is 36 inches. Now with that being said I have no issue at all fitting in my FRC. (2000 Fixed Roof Coupe) I adjust the seat so its angled down in the back and put it back until its comfortable. I still have about 2 inches or so before my seat is all the way back. So my guess is you will be ok as long as you don't have 40 inch legs and size 18 feet. I have a bit of trouble with the pedals some time and my feet are 12 DDD. Wide feet suck. LOL.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Teching In

My friend is 6'8" and everytime he gets in my car he says, "I'm kinda pissed I don't fit in your car." That's just the passenger seat. He sat in the driver's seat once and said, "Well I'm in but there's no way I could drive this thing."