Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Anyone local to tampa have the tool for the TPM

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone local to tampa have the tool for the TPM

I just got a c6 on saturday and the TPM's are not programmed I know they are there and I have good reason to believe that the wheels were switched before I got the car so these sensors are not tied to the car. I am looking to see if anyone local to tampa has the tool so I can set the sensors to learn or whatever so I can get this right i do not want to donate to ferman chevy they want almost 100 bucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least on a C5, these are the TPS relearn steps. A large magnet will work just fine instead of the "TPM System Programming Tool".

1) Turn ignition on
2) Press "Reset" button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages
3) Press and release the "Options" button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank
4) Press and hold the DIC "Reset" button for 3 seconds
5) Press the "Options" button again until TIRE TRAINING message appears
6) Press "Reset" button until the IPC "Learn L Front Tire" message appears in order to begin the programming
7) Install the J41760 Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Programming Tool ([b]large magnet will do[b]) over the left front valve stem
8) The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed (if this takes more than 15 seconds, pull magnet back and try again, it will give you three tries. Then you must start over)
9) When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed by the IPC messages: -Learn R Front Tire -Learn R Rear Tire -Learn L Rear Tire Programming can be canceled by turning ignition off, waiting 2 minutes with no sensors being learned, finishing all 4 wheels or through the DIC. If the programming is canceled with less than 4 sensors learned, it will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the c6 is a little different i can get into learn mode but the magnet does not work there are a few 2005's that the magnet will work but not mine i guess it needs the tool they changed the sensors after only a few months. thanks for the input though.