Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

New Dyno Numbers with Tune After A&A 8-Rib Overdrive Supercharger Drive Syste Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Dyno Numbers with Tune After A&A 8-Rib Overdrive Supercharger Drive Syste Install

It's been almost a year since I installed my A&A Supercharger "8-Rib Overdrive Supercharger Drive System" but I've finally had it tuned. In the interim I cranked up the meth to hopefully keep it safe untill I had a tune performed. My "before setup" was the standard A&A V2-S-Trim 6-rib system, although with a 3.4" head unit pulley. With that setup I was making 668/592 @ the wheels. In search of a little more power I purchased the 8-rib system from Andy with the 8" overdrive crank pulley but stayed with the same size head unit pulley (3.4"). My fuel system is Andy's original kit which consists of LPE in-tank pump with Racetronix harness and Kenne Bell BAP. I run one can of Torco in every tank of Shell 93 along with my ECS Meth Injection System (100% meth).

I am still running the factory bottom end and needed an experienced tuner that would be very meticulous & very careful since I was already beyond the power limits of what is considered to be safe on a stock bottom. Making finding the right tuner even more difficult, I found that some tuners do not want to tune a car this close to the edge all to have it go kaboom in there shop, which I totally understand. Upon a recommendation from my friend VertC6 here on the forum I initiated a call to Owen Priest of Advanced Racing Dynamics in Houston. After a short conversation he was 100% comfortable in tuning my car so an appointment was made for 12-27-2008. I made it clear that I was not trying for a big number, but rather wanted a safe but sharp tune and the numbers would be what they would be. Upon arrival to his shop it is obvious that he is very organized and ran a clean operation which was a good sign.

On the first dyno pull my car established a baseline with the existing tune, letting off at 6k as the tune needed work as was expected. The car made 657/614 SAE @ the wheels on what is considered by Owen as a "stingy dyno" compared to others in town. After about 7 or 8 dyno pulls working in EFI Live, Owen ended up with 693/639 @ the wheels stopping the pulls at 6500 rpm developing 10.4 psi. I considered the day very successful with comming very close to 700 SAE rwhp on 346 cid stock bottom with A&A Vortech V2 S-Trim.

In closing I want to Thank Owen for his quality work and tuning.....the driveability is outstanding and I know I'll be back to A.R.D. for future tunes when a couple small packages are delivered in January :leaving:

I also want to thank my friends Andy & Melissa Green @ A&A for their quality products and superior customer service over the years

**So as not to confuse the unedited dyno vids below are with actual (standard) power numbers, however I do have the SAE numbers on dyno graphs which I will scan and hopefully insert into this post tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7E1xChSxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzGrxRtM7gM

Happy New Years To All

Last edited by NemesisC5; 12-29-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added Dyno Graph
Old 12-29-2008, 03:57 AM
Teching In

Default Power

Very impressive numbers Scotty. Guess I have to step it up. Congratulations on your new power go out there and enjoy it. Mine is going to be going down for a couple days so I can do a couple go fast mods to it im my garage!!!!!!. I have to wait till I get off work to watch the video. Ill talk to you later JASON
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Launching!

That is some nice power and I am going to add a Meth kit myself. If your holds I am confident mine will since I am 609 rwhp. Everyone though keeps telling my I am going to bust a ringland.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black 99
Very impressive numbers Scotty. Guess I have to step it up. Congratulations on your new power go out there and enjoy it. Mine is going to be going down for a couple days so I can do a couple go fast mods to it im my garage!!!!!!. I have to wait till I get off work to watch the video. Ill talk to you later JASON
You've already stepped it up way past me Bro

Happy New Year to You & Your Family

Originally Posted by rzuff
That is some nice power and I am going to add a Meth kit myself. If your holds I am confident mine will since I am 609 rwhp. Everyone though keeps telling my I am going to bust a ringland.
With a good tune and a sound engine I feel good about my power. I do put 1 can or Torco octane boost in EVERY tank of Shell 93 octane along with 100% meth injection so I will have as much safety as possible. As tuners improve their skills and more people use sound judgement as to the condition of their engines before modding I have seen many more 600rwhp+ factory bottom cars out here now to dispel fears of the past. It wasn't that long ago that many said that 550rwhp was beyond the limit of a stock bottom. Good Luck with Your Car & Happy New Years
Old 12-29-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Great numbers. How much boost were you seeing before the 8" crank pulley?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
Great numbers. How much boost were you seeing before the 8" crank pulley?
9.4psi before and 10.4psi after
Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

After about 7 or 8 dyno pulls working in EFI Live, Owen ended up with 693/639 @ the wheels stopping the pulls at 6500 rpm developing 10.4 psi. I considered the day very successful with comming very close to 700 SAE rwhp on 346 cid stock bottom with A&A Vortech V2 S-Trim.
A&A Vortech V2 S—Alky—FAST 90—AFR 205's—220-228/567-571/114—Kooks
Is your sig current? are you running a 90/90?

is the kooks 3/4 or 7/8? cats?

Just curious because those are some really nice numbers. I talked with you on youtube awhile ago about some of your videos. My SN is jhor86
Old 12-30-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spectre86
Is your sig current? are you running a 90/90?

is the kooks 3/4 or 7/8? cats?

Just curious because those are some really nice numbers. I talked with you on youtube awhile ago about some of your videos. My SN is jhor86
Everything is current in SIG

Fast 90 w/LS2 TB and the Kooks LT's are 1-7/8" primaries and no kitties. I'll be installing a low restriction air intake on supercharger in a couple of weeks along with possibly a smaller head unit pulley so I feel I may get past 700rwhp

The 700rwhp thing is just a goal that sounds good, but it's the extra torque down low and in the middle with the smaller pulley that is the "money shot"
Old 12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NemesisC5

Fast 90 w/LS2 TB and the Kooks LT's are 1-7/8" primaries and no kitties. I'll be installing a low restriction air intake on supercharger in a couple of weeks along with possibly a smaller head unit pulley so I feel I may get past 700rwhp

The 700rwhp thing is just a goal that sounds good, but it's the extra torque down low and in the middle with the smaller pulley that is the "money shot"
I believe you said you were in Dallas in the past! I usually throw little dyno parties at my buddies Dual AWD Mustang Dyno set up near love field. Check it out...here are some vids of some of the cars, Vette1171 comes out and plays here and there. So does Okcrusing....You should come have some fun one weekend...That goes for all DFW guys.....

Here is some footage from my BDay party....

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193162
Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 AM
TECH Regular

Nice #'s Lol everytime I get a quick glance of your car I think C6, lol I have to do a double take
Old 12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
I believe you said you were in Dallas in the past! I usually throw little dyno parties at my buddies Dual AWD Mustang Dyno set up near love field. Check it out...here are some vids of some of the cars, Vette1171 comes out and plays here and there. So does Okcrusing....You should come have some fun one weekend...That goes for all DFW guys.....

Here is some footage from my BDay party....

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193162
MAN!!!!....That is a great Birthday Party & without a doubt the most "Far Out" tuner shop I have ever seen!!!! I have to run to eat lunch but will return to watch the vids.

I live about 360 miles South of Dallas and would be happy to drive to your next party...lemme know Bro. I plan on comming to Dallas again soon to participate in some HPDE's but that will be in my C5Z

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Nice #'s Lol everytime I get a quick glance of your car I think C6, lol I have to do a double take
Thanks Quik
Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

For sure! I just got back form the shop! I can't get enough of the Rfactor machine? Do you know what a Rfactor is? It is super sick! Next time you come to Dallas let me know and we can go dyno, I live 2 miles from the shop...

Here is a pic of Vette1171's MS4 Cam vette and my SRT8 is the slammed one in the back....it put down 380RWHP AWD MD with no tune....
Attached Thumbnails New Dyno Numbers with Tune After A&A 8-Rib Overdrive Supercharger Drive Syste Install-12132008526.jpg   New Dyno Numbers with Tune After A&A 8-Rib Overdrive Supercharger Drive Syste Install-12132008528.jpg  

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 12-31-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

We were doing the 1/4 simulate.....the drag coefficient is screwy for my jeep so its off but it says i ran a 11.99 and 11.98.......haha then my friends ran 10's....haha it was funny...

Here are some more from 2 weeks ago.....

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

C63 vs M5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjeTMLWlqv8
Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn. how are you making so close to 700whp on 10psi with a stock motor? nevermind the stock internals, but stock displacement.

very nice. have you ran it down the track before?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

damn. how are you making so close to 700whp on 10psi with a stock motor? nevermind the stock internals, but stock displacement.

very nice. have you ran it down the track before?
Actually more than a few are making more than 800rwhp 347 cid on forged bottoms

No 1320 planned for me Bro....I just like the "perma grin" factor when I roll on the go pedal
Old 01-01-2009, 04:34 AM
TECH Regular

^ Yea my FRC was making 750whp on a 347, with a bit more boost im sure it would have hit 800.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually more than a few are making more than 800rwhp 347 cid on forged bottoms

No 1320 planned for me Bro....I just like the "perma grin" factor when I roll on the go pedal
who do you do for meth injection refills? there isnt any shops like that within an hour drive, just 1 that does nitrous refills.

perma grin? lol that would be like waking up withi a mornign wood every time you roll on to the pedal.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

who do you do for meth injection refills? there isnt any shops like that within an hour drive, just 1 that does nitrous refills.

perma grin? lol that would be like waking up withi a mornign wood every time you roll on to the pedal.
There is a local speed shop that sells VP race fuels, nitrous refills, etc...they also sell meth

perma grin = perma wood
Old 01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Teching In

I think ya need a little more HP.

LoL...

Quick Reply: New Dyno Numbers with Tune After A&A 8-Rib Overdrive Supercharger Drive Syste Install