Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help with a decision

Old 09-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with a decision

I also posted this on corvetteforums but I know theres alot of informative people here.

OK guys, I am going to try to explain this as well as possible. OK to start things off. I have a 2001 Z06. Its got a built motor, heads/cam and a vortec YSi @ 16lbs. I had the car dynod a few months ago, but the belt was slipping pretty bad(only producing 12-13lbs). Car put down 683 rwhp. I would assume the car is just over 700 rwhp now b/c I replaced the belt and its right at 16lbs again. Thats not really important but figured I'd let you guys know everything.

I was told by the tuner that the computer is tuned to pull timing when the car reaches over (I think) 200* F. So basically right now, the car feels strong as hell until I shift to 4th gear. You can tell its not all there in 4th. So I am on the fence about what I want to do for cooling!! Also I want more power too!! Obviously I have 2 options.

1. Alky Control Meth Kit
2. Nitrous Kit

What is the more "safe" route. I know at this power level nothing is "safe" but I want the safest route.. I am leaning towards nitrous, but then I run into the fact of wether I should go with a wet kit or dry kit. So if you think I should also go nitrous, then which kit should I use? Heres what I've come up with.

Dry Kit: Since I dont really have the money for HP tuners or any other software, I can only have 1 tune. So with that said, the car will have to be tuned for nitrous at all time if I go dry. The car will run rich when off the spray right? I know it depends on the size shot, but I atleast want to spray a 50-75 shot. I feel this would be the easiest/cheapest route b/c the nozzle can be plumbed right into the S/C tube before the MAFS that way the IAT's can be recorded more accuratly.

Now on the other hand, if I go with a

Wet Kit: The car can be tuned with only 1 tune, but I will need to have a IAT sensor after the nitrous Nozzle(in this case a nitrous ring). So some how, I'd have to plumb a IAT sensor into the intake right? I wouldnt mind doing this as long as it doesnt cost too much money, and as long as the work is decently easy. In this case I'd probably spray anywhere from a 75-100 shot

So now if I decide to go meth, not just for cooling but performance. I can up the timing but theres no safety precaution at all. I wouldnt have a chance to take my foot off the throttle if the meth pump stopped.

What do you guys think??? Let me know your opinions on this. I might have left some stuff out but I think this should be enough to let you guys know what I am looking at!!

THANKS in advance...

JASON

Search this Thread