Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I am nearing the end of my current deployment, and when I get home, I'm having my clutch replaced. While it's out, I figure is the best time to install an adjustable master cylinder, and a remote bleeder for ease of maintenance and such.

What I need help with is finding the remote bleeder for my 2003 Z06, a good adjustable master cylinder, and any other recommendations for stuff to take care of while everything is apart. I'm planning on using a Monster 3.5 premium kit to include a new slave as well, and new flywheel bolts. I've heard Tick performance has some good stuff, but is there anybody else I should check into?

I posted this on CF earlier, but have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by farmdawg
I am nearing the end of my current deployment, and when I get home, I'm having my clutch replaced. While it's out, I figure is the best time to install an adjustable master cylinder, and a remote bleeder for ease of maintenance and such.

What I need help with is finding the remote bleeder for my 2003 Z06, a good adjustable master cylinder, and any other recommendations for stuff to take care of while everything is apart. I'm planning on using a Monster 3.5 premium kit to include a new slave as well, and new flywheel bolts. I've heard Tick performance has some good stuff, but is there anybody else I should check into?

I posted this on CF earlier, but have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks,

Mark
I also have a 2003 Z.
Tick is the rave right now. I'm using the McLeod adjustable..on year 2 and no problem !

Pitt
Old 09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Teching In

I use the tick and it works great. Remember when you replace the clutch you also need to:
- Inspect the heck out of the rear engine cover, with everything already out it's a 15 minute job and probably $30 in parts to replace the seal around the crankshaft and the gasket. If it starts leaking later it's a major cost to you. If you have over 40k miles just do it...
- Replace the pilot bearing inside the crankshaft

Now is an easier time to rebuild the torque tube but I wouldn't worry about it unless you were over 50k miles. With the hp/tq you are making it might not be a bad idea to check it out inside. If you have less than 30k miles I wouldn't worry about it.

You will need an alignment after the work is done because the rear end has been removed and re-installed. If you ever wanted to lower your car now would be the time to twist the bolts a few times and drive it on some slightly bumpy roads and let it settle over a couple days and THEN if you are happy with the amount the car settled, then go get the alignment. Rear shocks are easy to install now since the shop has to remove the lower or upper shock bolt to get the rear end to drop down.

Just a few things for you to consider...