Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Mod #1 Complete!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mod #1 Complete!!!

Not a huge mod, but my first C5 step for performance. Added a SLP Blackwing and so far love it! Changed the sound a little under heavey throttle. Feels a bit more responsive across the board. Next will be a ported TB and a catback if i can get them at the right price.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeaneGrae
Not a huge mod, but my first C5 step for performance. Added a SLP Blackwing and so far love it! Changed the sound a little under heavey throttle. Feels a bit more responsive across the board. Next will be a ported TB and a catback if i can get them at the right price.
Open up the plastic filler plugs in the front bumper where your fog lights are and let that filter get some cold air. There's a couple different methods whether you add C5Z screens, or just drill a bunch of 3/8 inch holes in the plastic plugs...do some searches on this.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the first and only mod I ever made to my first Corvette. It was an 02Z and picked up 14RWHP without a tune.

Nice mod. Enjoy the ride.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And the modding begins! If you're looking for a decently priced catback just get a Z06 Ti catback for around $400 used - not as loud as aftermarket but these mufflers perform basically as well as those that cost more than twice as much.

Quick Reply: Mod #1 Complete!!!