Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

1153 Code Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1153 Code Question

I am getting this code and the car seems to run fine when the code pops up so I have just been deleting from the dash panel. It does not come back on while driving it only comes back on when I turn off car and restart again. Should I be concerned with this code since my car is modified with long tube headers, cam, etc and it does have a good tune. I heard you can just delete or remove this code from it sending a signal to the PCM. This is what I have read that causes the problem(see below), does that mean that the code comes on because the sensor is not heating up fast enough and then I delete it and it does not come back on while driving because it did heat up? Any clarification would help!

The 1153 and 1154 engine code mean insufficient heat to the front oxygen sensors. LS1 sensors have a heater in them because they will NOT work unless they're hot. If they don't get hot enough, the car stays in open loop mode. Any increase in exhaust flow (bigger pipes, headers, mufflers) will greatly reduce your exhaust temperature, as a result the sensors don't stay hot enough to remain on (at least that's what happens to those of us who suffer from this issue).

Quick Reply: 1153 Code Question