Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

It has come to our attention as of late, that our customer service has been, well, lacking, to put it mildly.

I don't know how many of you reading this have had a bad personal experience with any of our crew, but I would like to say if you have, please don't take it as a representation of our business ideals. While we strive for technical perfection, we understand that customer relations is just as important, if not more.

If it were at all possible, Shawn and I would handle all customer interactions. But, that's not possible, so we've had to depend on our front counter guys to do that, and it's proven to be very problematic.

We want everyone to understand, we're trying to rectify the problems, and we're in the process of a personnel change over that we hope will do the trick. Please bear with us while we go through these growing pains. If you've done business with us before, and for whatever reason have been turned off by your experience, I ask you to give us another try.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i sure hope so, i read such great stuff about you guys but then when i have interacted one on one i end up extremely upset. thats why i had my 408 built somewhere else. i went to you guys first, but......
well new year... clean slate

Last edited by the jester 812; 12-31-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually i told you i wasn't interested in building your engine due to the fact you were bad mouthing us on the net for no reason.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shawn @ va speed
actually i told you i wasn't interested in building your engine due to the fact you were bad mouthing us on the net for no reason.
smack !

I take it that some people are more trouble then they are worth. I also see the logic of turning away a potential customer that has badmouthed your company prior to bringing business your way. If the motor didn't break records for hp/tq then he be all over you about doing a poor job.

Had he not talked crap, would you have built the motor for him ?

BTW Check out the time of his post, 1159pm on New Years? Why weren't you celebrating ? Read his profile, no wonder he was on the computer, married with children. Not much celebration in that house I guess.

Last edited by allngn_c5; 01-01-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Launching!

actually you did a shitty *** job on my heads, took 2x as long as you said, didnt do half the job, and i tried giving you a second chance, and you turned out to be twice the asshat i thought you were. obviously your doing this to more than just me if your having a problem, or i have finally spread the word around far enough how shitty your shop is.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
It has come to our attention as of late, that our customer service has been, well, lacking, to put it mildly. .
to put it very mildy
Old 01-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
damn, you prove right here how much of a dick you are, me as a potential customer and here you are bad mouthing me, hah, its no wonder your having a problem. i had plenty of reason to share my bad experience with others on here.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by the jester 812
damn, you prove right here how much of a dick you are, me as a potential customer and here you are bad mouthing me, hah, its no wonder your having a problem. i had plenty of reason to share my bad experience with others on here.
Actually i'm not bad mouthing you-just telling the truth.

As a business i reserve the right to choose my customers just as you the consumer have the right to choose the shop you want to use.Not all customers are good customers-some are bad.You proved to me on the earlier occasion that you are the latter,so i decided not to do business with you.I don't understand why people think that i have to do business with everybody that wants to.It works both ways.

Let's throw out the facts

1-you call about porting a set of 243 heads-you are told it will be a mininum of 2 weeks because we were busy and had a backlog and you would be put in line with the rest of the customers.2 weeks go by,we had got the valve job done-not the porting, and you needed the heads-so you took the heads and never said a word-months later i see you on here bitching about the half *** valve job we did because you couldn't make power on the dyno.Never once did you call us to discuss anything.The valvejob was fine-it vacuum tested perfect.Then you couldn't understand why i wouldn't put your stuff in front of other customers because it was a small job-that's really fair to them.

2-on the second occasion you pm me about getting an engine built but you aready had all the parts,i think the block was machined and just needed it assembled.Normally i wouldn't be interested in this job to begin with-you don't take your steak to the steakhouse-do you?Then when i realized who you were i really wasn't interested-i'm sure when this didn't make the power you wanted it would be my fault again-thanks but no thanks.

maybe if you had treated everything differently the first time things could have been different.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Launching!

okay man its all good, we can agree to not like each other, and we both have our reasons, my car was very strong, it just didnt put out the numbers i had hoped for. it wasnt only the head job that i had a problem with, i bought some valve springs while i was there and there was some kinda ditzy kid behind the desk that couldnt answer a single question i asked and gave me a wrong price then ran out into the parking lot saying i needed to come back in to pay more. it was just a all around bad experience from the start. and i will admit that im a little, or alot impatient. i run my own business and am kinda used to getting what i want when i want it. so i will own up to that. but i just had a unsavory experience with your shop and since there is more than one speed shop to choose from i have gone elsewhere. because as you say, you wont deal with me anyway. i should have said this in a pm i geuss
Old 01-01-2010, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

okay man its all good, we can agree to not like each other, and we both have our reasons, my car was very strong, it just didnt put out the numbers i had hoped for. it wasnt only the head job that i had a problem with, i bought some valve springs while i was there and there was some kinda ditzy kid behind the desk that couldnt answer a single question i asked and gave me a wrong price then ran out into the parking lot saying i needed to come back in to pay more. it was just a all around bad experience from the start. and i will admit that im a little, or alot impatient. i run my own business and am kinda used to getting what i want when i want it. so i will own up to that. but i just had a unsavory experience with your shop and since there is more than one speed shop to choose from i have gone elsewhere. because as you say, you wont deal with me anyway. i should have said this in a pm i geuss
i can't argue with the people we had up front-good people are hard to come by.

good luck with your new engine.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn !!!!

Seems to me that if I kicked the dog and then tried to pet him and got bit, should I be mad at the dog or myself?

Stay cool Shawn.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Launching!

well im not trying to keep this going but, most dogs that bite people get put down. lol. and if a dog bites me, i'll carry his *** to the pound to get put down
Old 01-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

A few of those could have been PM's.

I know I am personally thankful to have Ed help me with a few problems. I'm not aware of any shop that does not have problems. The forums actually hurt in this area since any problem can be open to ridicule. It does take courage to start a thread like this so maybe the new year will be filled with new customers and new service.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

well im not trying to keep this going but, most dogs that bite people get put down. lol. and if a dog bites me, i'll carry his *** to the pound to get put down
You totally missed the point. You talked **** about VA Speed, and then thought you could bring your business there way. It would be unwise for them to accept your business under those circumstances.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
You totally missed the point. You talked **** about VA Speed, and then thought you could bring your business there way. It would be unwise for them to accept your business under those circumstances.
i totally got the point, but didn't feel like arguing anymore. and i didn't talk ****, i am well within my rights to relate to others my bad experience with a business. i had business dealings with them, and was completely unsatisfied. but after reading others give them so much praise, and seeing the results they got on 400+ ci motors, i thought I'd give them a 2nd try, but we see how that turned out, i have never personally had a place of business turn down taking a few grand from me. but hey there's a first time for everything, and i just gave my money to someone else. i still got my engine built, and VA speed didn't have to deal with me. i also don't feel that it would have been unwise of them to take my business, they could have built my engine, done a great job, and i could have taken back everything i said and praised their work on the forums.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Or it could've made a few hp less the you expected, or taken a couple weeks extra to finish and then you'd be slamming them all over tech. You got your version, Shawn has his. Lets leave it at that. The funny thing is this, I'm a Vengeance guy but yet I feel the need to defend VA Speed. Never bought anything from Shawn, but Shawns reputation precedes him. So to read your crap, and to know you picked up your heads because you needed them before they even got to port them is rediculous. Why don't you mention that part? You were in such a rush that once the valve job was done you took your heads. No wonder you didn't see the gain you wanted on the dyno. Should've waited in line like everyone else, what nerve to ask Shawn to skip over other customers and do yours ahead of them. You are a PITA, and it is completely understandable why he told you thanks but no thanks on building an engine. PEACE !
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Launching!

dude your the one that's a complete ***, i never asked him to skip over other customers, your making **** up. and i never even used those heads you dumb ****. i sold those. and bought some tsp heads. and i was gonna leave it at me and shawn having different opinions, you simple bastard, if you read my post 9, 12, and 15. thats 3 times i have tried to lay this to rest. but your dumb *** has to keep bringing it up, so you can look like you are defending someone.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Launching!

it pisses me off when a 3rd party that has no involvement and is going by what they read on a forum thinks they can come in and pick sides, especially in something that was done and over, and start spouting retarded ****. this is so stupid. and to the guys at VA speed, i dont know about you, but im fine with you guys, we had our dealings, and it was only a small thing a long time ago. the only reason im still posting in this thread is because this douche bag keeps attacking me.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ED nailed it in the first post. I got a little discouraged when I called and talked to someone on the phone aswell (about 6 months ago). I then contacted ED through this site when I thought I had an issue with my tune. He talked me through it and the car is running great. I had ED tune my TA 2 years ago and since he is now at VASpeed I will be taking my bussiness there. (As soon as somebody buys my TA so I can move to a Vette.)
Old 01-02-2010, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

it pisses me off when a 3rd party that has no involvement and is going by what they read on a forum thinks they can come in and pick sides, especially in something that was done and over, and start spouting retarded ****. this is so stupid. and to the guys at VA speed, i dont know about you, but im fine with you guys, we had our dealings, and it was only a small thing a long time ago. the only reason im still posting in this thread is because this douche bag keeps attacking me.
we're good man-maybe sometime you can stop by and we can talk about all of this face to face so we can understand each other better.

Last edited by Shawn @ VA Speed; 01-02-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......