Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Buying my dad Headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying my dad Headers

My dad has a 2003 ZO6, I wanna order him headers for christmas. Wish I had decided to do this earlyier, but just got the money for them. My dads a conservative man so I know he would want to keep his cats, I need to know which header set I can order that will have everything im gonna need to get from the motor to the the zo6 stock catback. Headers, cats, xpipe (not sure about corvettes) any help would be nice so I can order these tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by 770Guy; 12-16-2003 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

FLP's is what you want.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

I recommend LGM even thought I own FLP's.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

go with the LG's and some high flow cats

www.lgmotorsports.com

My dad has a set on his Z06
Old 12-17-2003, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

770, there are a couple of different directions you can go.

(1) You can keep the stock cats and H-pipe and just cut ahead of the cats and weld the headers on. You can do this with TPIS/Stainless Works headers(and others.....Stainless works are basically the same as TPIS except they are stainless instead of mild steel). TPIS also makes an X-pipe with Random Tech High Flow cats.....this is a pretty nice piece.
TPIS Headers.......$800
SW Headers.......$1000
Xpipe with Cats....$750

(2) You can go with a more of a system/kit that goes from the motor to the catback. FLP is a popular choice. And as Mentioned above, LGM. FLP is a complete package with cats, x-pipe, and off-road pipe as well. LGM's kit is either off road of legal w/cats. LG is working on making an interchangeable kit like FLP so you can have the flexibility of going back and forth with relative ease.

FLP........$1595*
LGM off road.....$1595*
LGM w/cats.....1995*

*both of these vendors are offering sales right now.

There are others. Kooks just came out with a package that seems to be decently priced and, as you know, they have a decent reputation.

Good luck!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

I like TPIS headers, they fit great, install is easy, also comes with crossover for
header before cats, they perform well and price is reasonable. They have all C5 headers in stock now. can be shipped out right away
Old 12-18-2003, 03:30 PM
FormerVendor

Dynatech had a complete stainless system on display at the PRI show, looked real nice, my buyer told me it made 38 hp on his buddys test mule. Equal length headers, hi flow cats, complete exc. for muffler system. I saw LG's when I was at their shop, also very nice.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

If you havent made a decision yet, I would seriously take a look at the kooks setup. I just finished the install on them and they look and sound great, plus they fit perfectly.

There are some deals going on right now. Just got them $1330 shipped. Headers/X-pipe with cats... bolts right up to the stock or aftermarket cat-back. Cant speak for the FLPs, but there's no way in hell I would shell out $2k for LGMs, but thats just me... $1300 was bad enough, but its actually one of the better prices for what you get, plus its stainless.

Mike
Old 12-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Another vote for the kooks, I don't know about the other but two of my friends of flps on their f-bodies and they're a nice design however the coating isn't that great. My one buddy has had them on for a year and all the coating is gone from the collectors and y-pipe. The other has had his for just over a month and a half and there's already signs of rust forming in between the header primaries. Good luck
Old 12-21-2003, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 770boy
My dad has a 2003 ZO6, I wanna order him headers for christmas. Wish I had decided to do this earlyier, but just got the money for them. My dads a conservative man so I know he would want to keep his cats, I need to know which header set I can order that will have everything im gonna need to get from the motor to the the zo6 stock catback. Headers, cats, xpipe (not sure about corvettes) any help would be nice so I can order these tonight or tomorrow.

Our LG Pro Long Tube headers are 1 3/4" stainless steel with a 3" X pipe, and 3" mid pipes all the way to your muffler flanges. And our headers require no welding and offer very inexpensive installation. They can also be had with or without the Random "Metal Matrix" cats that flow 50% more than an equivalent Ceramic cat.

We have made consistent power increases on many cars over the past 2 years and they are the proven leader in Corvette header.

Big enough to make 492 rwhp on our Cam and head Corvette with all the bolt ons, and big manifold etc. And "torquey" enough to pull more low end torque than all the other C5 headers out. Plus they are 28# lighter than your stock system.

They are on sale right now for $100 off plus free shipping for Christmas.
That is $1495 and includes: Headers, 3" X pipe and 3" mid pipes. Add $400 for Random metal matrix cats.

The other brand requires that the engine be lifted and steering shaft removed, which increases your installation time and price.

Check out the graph and photos below.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LGM
972-272-7753

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 12-21-2003 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a set of Random Tech 2 3/4 cats and x pipe that would are built to go with TPIS LTs for sale. IM me if you're interested I'm in Kennesaw. These are new never on the car. You would need to get the TPIS LTs. I'm going with Kooks and no cats.

Quick Reply: Buying my dad Headers