Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

installing ecs blower cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing ecs blower cam

hey guys i am getting ready to install a ecs blower cam in my 02 z06. Got the cam as a x-mas gift so i need to pick up some of the misc install parts. here is what i am looking to install along with the cam.

1. double valve springs ( not sure which ones/ any advice?) comp 921, manley, prc, etc?
2. mellings oil pump
3. c5-r timing chain
4. misc gaskets
5. pushrods (need to measure for length)

i plan on going forged (stock cube, stock heads, intake/tb) and increasing the boost down the road. so while i have the engine apart i figured i would go ahead and install parts that will fit my long term goals better. any tips or parts i need to purchase also?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

what are the cam specs so we can no what kind of springs you'll need. Pushrods with with Terry Manton pushrods.
How many miles does your car have? If low miles I wouldnt bother with the oil pump and chain...be sure to replace the front seal when you reinstall the cover and pulley
Do an underdrive pulley NOW pulling the rack sux and now is the time to do it. TSP sells a TCI pulley thats nice cheaper than the rest and appears to be exactly the same as the powerbond. If you go single spring go PAC 1518 or Comp 918 if you go double do the PRC EHT .675 lift spring
Old 01-03-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
what are the cam specs so we can no what kind of springs you'll need. Pushrods with with Terry Manton pushrods.
How many miles does your car have? If low miles I wouldnt bother with the oil pump and chain...be sure to replace the front seal when you reinstall the cover and pulley
Do an underdrive pulley NOW pulling the rack sux and now is the time to do it. TSP sells a TCI pulley thats nice cheaper than the rest and appears to be exactly the same as the powerbond. If you go single spring go PAC 1518 or Comp 918 if you go double do the PRC EHT .675 lift spring
He has a blower so no underdrive pulley, also I am pretty sure the ECS cam is in the .580 lift range so the PRC extremes are way overkill, the PRC golds would probably be a better fit.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

I dont think he has a blower...its a blower cam that he's installing...the Patriot Extremes are a much better spring than the patriot golds...I would still recommend the PRC 675 spring as it goes through a different process when theyre making the spring is supposed to last MUCH MUCH longer as well as well as improved seat and open pressure
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys.

doing the blower cam install first, then clutch and then the novi supercharger kit. budget allows for smaller mods first. the specs that ecs gives you are 220s / 580s / 116 lsa.

my car has 29k miles on it.

i dont mind to pay a little more and go overkill on the springs if they are going to last and hold up to the boost better than a lower max lift spring. are the prc 675 springs a drop in valve spring for my ls6?

Last edited by QUIKSILVERZ; 01-04-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

You will be fine with a Comp 918, or the equivalent too. Let us know if you would like us to send out the remaining parts to you, we have everything in stock.

Quick Reply: installing ecs blower cam