Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Corvetteforum, I had to post it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Corvetteforum, I had to post it..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...t-to-back.html

Is it me or the mods are way of the track backing the guy that thinks a stock C6 is the end of the world compared to a fantastic modded Cobra????
Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scrap cost...
Old 01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...t-to-back.html

Is it me or the mods are way of the track backing the guy that thinks a stock C6 is the end of the world compared to a fantastic modded Cobra????
What's that mean in American English?

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
scrap cost...

I'm sure the Ferrari guys would say the same if you offered to trade a built C6 for a F430
Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

'03-'04 Cobras are the best thing that Ford has done to a mustang in a loooooonnggg time. I'm no ford lover and I would love to have one. He's right, there are alot of corvette elitists that think their cars are gods gift to the world. I think it's bullshit how they treated him and that they locked the forum and banned him for his efforts of TRYING TO GET a Corvette.

Here this guy is trying to convert sides and they be-head him before he even gets one...
Old 01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by '02TA
'03-'04 Cobras are the best thing that Ford has done to a mustang in a loooooonnggg time. I'm no ford lover and I would love to have one. He's right, there are alot of corvette elitists that think their cars are gods gift to the world. I think it's bullshit how they treated him and that they locked the forum and banned him for his efforts of TRYING TO GET a Corvette.

Here this guy is trying to convert sides and they be-head him before he even gets one...
they didnt delete him for posting the thread, they deleted him because all the cursing he said in his last post like he was 15 years old,
Old 01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ysb02
What's that mean in American English?

I'm sure the Ferrari guys would say the same if you offered to trade a built C6 for a F430
I'll put it this way; the corvetteforum member with an ego size of the sun sounded like a total douchebag/idiot/moron and when the Cobra guy shut his mouth for good, the mod comes back to his rescue.

Originally Posted by slowlsx
they didnt delete him for posting the thread, they deleted him because all the cursing he said in his last post like he was 15 years old,
true theyre was some heavy words, but I think the corvette guy was way more insulting with his opinion towards ford guys and cobra...this guy would be flamed for at least 1 million pages
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by '02TA

me too. Its a known fact in the modded car world that termies are very well respected. Those cobra maybe a piece of crap like he said, but for a 6 year old scrap, its still very easy to push 500rwhp. Not bad at all
Old 01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I, unfortunately, know lots of C6 guys that didn't even want to talk to me since I had a C5 Z06, not a C6 (any trim). I don't get it. Even some dumbass in an LS2 C6 was talking trash about C5s. I told him to line it up for pinks if he thinks his car is so much better than my Z06. Of course he didn't and he coward behind his "My car is newer." bullshit.

There's a lot of C6 elitists... The LS3 C6 runs the same 1/4 as a stock 02+ Z06. That Cobra would run laps around a stock C6. Don't worry about it. It's common enough that you should just except it.

There ARE plenty of Vette guys that aren't like that though - like myself; ones that appreciate a well modded Cobra, or a different generation of Corvette.

I think the funniest ones are the obsolete elitists... The guys that have an 85 Corvette and think the L98 Corvettes were the best Vette ever and anyone without an early C4 is just lame. Cracks me up every time.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Teching In

I would love to have a Termiantor Cobra in the stable next to the vette and DSM!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are handful of sections that I frequent very often, but I can't stand browsing the classifieds there.

It sucks the Cobra owner got blasted. Probably yet another C6 owner that thought sporting a gold chain and tiny muscle shirt would be all that's needed to dominate the strip. Shoulda waxed the car better, it's worth .5 sec through the 1/4.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Corvette Forum is for tools and snobs. I never go there.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Launching!

i will race anyone with an automatic transmission on a real road race track for an hour . 6 speeds rule!

mustangs do own the 1/4 stuff though gotta luv those superchargers!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, thought that thread would of been longer. LOL

That guy got the raw end of the deal for sure. Had a nice car, which is worth that much money if not more. The guy cutout all the bs and put what he wanted. There are asshats in every car club.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crimson Vette
The Corvette Forum is for tools and snobs. I never go there.
I disagree. That's all I'm going to say about that, though.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
I, unfortunately, know lots of C6 guys that didn't even want to talk to me since I had a C5 Z06, not a C6 (any trim). I don't get it. Even some dumbass in an LS2 C6 was talking trash about C5s. I told him to line it up for pinks if he thinks his car is so much better than my Z06. Of course he didn't and he coward behind his "My car is newer." bullshit.

There's a lot of C6 elitists... The LS3 C6 runs the same 1/4 as a stock 02+ Z06. That Cobra would run laps around a stock C6. Don't worry about it. It's common enough that you should just except it.

There ARE plenty of Vette guys that aren't like that though - like myself; ones that appreciate a well modded Cobra, or a different generation of Corvette.
You remind me why I'll never be a Corvette guy...too much dumbass that think the name will make the car unbeatable. And I prefer C5/Cobras over a C6. But its true a bunch of Corvette guys know their stuff too. I would even prefer to have a C5 Z06 with a badass stroker than a C6 Z...
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have respect for Termy's.. His attitude towards the douschebags was still unacceptable. "To the top, if you aren't interested in buying - move on" was all that was needed.

I also agree that there are a lot of people who think they are the **** because they own an expensive new car. There are also a lot of guys who respect all makes and models. There is sadly always one doushebag who has his nose up all the way!

I personally am buying an LS3 C6 after college. The first Vette I fell in love with was an 02 C5 A4 with z51 handling package & 3.15 gears. I just recently test drove a 08 z51 and am sold. Now just waiting for investments to grow a bit as I finish college.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

I am member over there, but only for the C5 tech, and yeah there is a definitely faggotry afoot at corvette forums...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

There are a bunch of ignorant, dumbass, "my 401k has blah blah blah in it" Corvette owners. Very materialistic and pompous. Its a shame such a fantastic car had to be labled by the stereotype these idiots portray. Good thing I am neither brand loyal nor a Corvette ****.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
You remind me why I'll never be a Corvette guy...too much dumbass that think the name will make the car unbeatable. And I prefer C5/Cobras over a C6. But its true a bunch of Corvette guys know their stuff too. I would even prefer to have a C5 Z06 with a badass stroker than a C6 Z...
Yeah, exactly. The C6 is a nice car. I prefer the looks and interior of the C5, but they both have their good points. I'd love to have a TR6060, for one.

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
I am member over there, but only for the C5 tech, and yeah there is a definitely faggotry afoot at corvette forums...
LOL! That had me laughing pretty good. I can't argue with it either. I'm in the C6 and C7 forums once in a while to ask a question or comment on something that's related to my personal experience and I always get flamed by the ******** that don't like that I have C5.

Originally Posted by 1.8t
There are a bunch of ignorant, dumbass, "my 401k has blah blah blah in it" Corvette owners. Very materialistic and pompous. Its a shame such a fantastic car had to be labled by the stereotype these idiots portray. Good thing I am neither brand loyal nor a Corvette ****.
HAHA... That's exactly how I feel about some of these guys. "My wife and I retired with a boat, a horse, 3 slaves and my prize C6..."

Give me a ******* break. I'm picking up a forged and blown LS6 in a little while. That's all I need.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

If you want to be treated like the man you are and still talk about Corvettes, no matter the vintage go to Digital Corvettes. It's a public forum not a club. There should be no bias as to the type of Corvette someone has or doesn't have.

Quick Reply: Corvetteforum, I had to post it..