Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

lost and found the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lost and found the clutch

Hey, few weeks back I installed my new drag radials. I went out for a spin to check them out, got on it from bout 30 mile roll and man what a difference as they hooked up great where my street tires would just blow the hides off. So, got down the road a little further and thought I'd try a light launch, so, I brought it up to about 3000 grand and let the clutch out. Whoooops, just what I thought might happen, got the clutch just a little hot. Decided to change the fluid which looked pretty bad, that helped, but, was still very concerned about putting more real hp to it. I decided to contact Jim at Speedtweekerz.com. I bought a spec stage 2+, they did the install and man it turned out great. It definetly is ready for more hp, mine make 414 now, but, it was rich on the dyno. We are gonna retune it as soon as the clutch is broken in. They are real professionals and did a real nice job, they also replaced the lifters which were making a bunch of noise. That quieted it down somewhat, but, it does have a lot of miles on the short block and probably has a little piston slap also. We are gonna set it up to spray maybe 100+ shot and see if the short block will hold up to that additional hp. If you need something for your vet, give speedtweekerz.com a buzz. I've got a 6.0 sitting on the motor stand just in case.

greg
Old 01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks again for the business and the praise, we really appreciate the opportunity to put our knowledge and passion to work. Look forward to the nitrous install and a 10 sec time slip

P.S. you might let the guys on corvette forum know that the 2+ is now rated at 782 ft lbs. and has less pedal pressure as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can do that for sure, see ya tomorrow as usual. They did my g8 header install also, love them Kook's.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:45 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Greg! Put the dope to it and let 'er eat.

Quick Reply: lost and found the clutch