Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

CA C5 Seeking power

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CA C5 Seeking power

hello from california ,

i recently bought me a 98 torch vette , i wanted to sell her but thought about it and decided to keep her , this is the first vette i own so its kind of hard to know what to do to her within the legal boundries of california , specially where i live .. cops around here are very piggy ..

my plans were
exhaust
intake
headers
and tune ..

show me the way please as i cant figure out what to go for and how much to spend , i also though about a new engine like the ls2 as i found some engine for a decent price , but with ur help i can know what to do or where to start ..

joe
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 8vette
hello from california ,

i recently bought me a 98 torch vette , i wanted to sell her but thought about it and decided to keep her , this is the first vette i own so its kind of hard to know what to do to her within the legal boundries of california , specially where i live .. cops around here are very piggy ..

my plans were
exhaust
intake
headers
and tune ..

show me the way please as i cant figure out what to go for and how much to spend , i also though about a new engine like the ls2 as i found some engine for a decent price , but with ur help i can know what to do or where to start ..

joe
u wanna pass smog ?? too be honest i live in san jose straight pipe with just cats and it's pretty loud cops dont bother looking at my c5 they just give me a thumbs up and what not myc ars is in the process of getting some mods .... they are light cars with cam heads and intake with a nice gear and tune u should be looking 11's just my 2 cents stat off with some nice mods and just save up for an engine build on th eside when ur done
Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

When I was looking to buy a vette I found myself asking the same thing. The advice I got was get a Vararam cold air intake, American Racing headers (with a catted x-pipe since your in CA), a good catback exhaust, and a tune. That should get you by until you get your other engine built if that's the route you are going to go. Good luck
Old 02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Launching!

supercharge or turbo it

You can still pass smog

and you'll have one quick 98

Bon
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 AM

what about the x-pipe , h pipe , and whats the diameter i should be going for ?

Quick Reply: CA C5 Seeking power