Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

GTO saw the light!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking GTO saw the light!

I was going to the store and at a light on a two way road with a mild curve directly ahead, and a GTO was being frisky in back of me. The light changed and I eased into it and ended up with a bit of wheel spin through the curve. Once I got straight pushing the throttle down and engaging the boost more I looked in my review mirror and he was a couple of hundred yards back out of shape, practically tipping over. He sure showed me and his girl.

I'm sure glad I didn't let my handling go for straight line performance!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Kill !!

These are the kinds of posts that we like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned

I'm really glad!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice!!!! I love random races because you never know what's done to the other car. Just pure, straight up fun.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

Exclamation I don't race!

Originally Posted by '02TA
Nice!!!! I love random races because you never know what's done to the other car. Just pure, straight up fun.
It wasn't a race really just fast easy punishment, just the way I like it on the street!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Originally Posted by rosulekg
I was going to the store and at a light on a two way road with a mild curve directly ahead, and a GTO was being frisky in back of me. The light changed and I eased into it and ended up with a bit of wheel spin through the curve. Once I got straight pushing the throttle down and engaging the boost more I looked in my review mirror and he was a couple of hundred yards back out of shape, practically tipping over. He sure showed me and his girl.

I'm sure glad I didn't let my handling go for straight line performance!
I’m lost. You were on a 2 lane road. The GTO was behind you. You took off from the light somewhat aggressively and then broke the tires loose on the curve then took off and looked behind you to see the GTO a ways back?
If I'm behind a car that breaks loose (on a curve no less) I'm going to back WAY off so I don’t end up hitting him. Maybe he was trying to catch you, maybe even race, but it seems unlikely if it was a 2 lane road. I do not doubt you could out run him, it just doesn't sound like a race from your story.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Are you sure the GTO was even racing?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

Exclamation Some guys crack me up and are dangerous for sure!

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I’m lost. You were on a 2 lane road. The GTO was behind you. You took off from the light somewhat aggressively and then broke the tires loose on the curve then took off and looked behind you to see the GTO a ways back?
If I'm behind a car that breaks loose (on a curve no less) I'm going to back WAY off so I don’t end up hitting him. Maybe he was trying to catch you, maybe even race, but it seems unlikely if it was a 2 lane road. I do not doubt you could out run him, it just doesn't sound like a race from your story.
I was 1st waiting at a light at a one lane per side road and he was 2nd. I noticed him jumping and braking in back of me a couple of times. The light changed and I eased into it since it was on a mild curve with a touch of wheel spin and when it straightened out I gave it more of the boost and looked into my review to see were he was. I saw his girl looking at him and his car swaying a lot about 100 yards back still on the curve, and I laughed. I pulled in for my left turn and he stormed by triumphant in his own mind!

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Launching!

So a boosted Vette vs probably a stock GTO and you are calling a kill after you took off while in front of him, on a turn no less? What about this does not sound stupid to you? What was he supposed to do? Take off and hit you in the rear? I mean come on I love Vettes and all....
Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oshia86
So a boosted Vette vs probably a stock GTO and you are calling a kill after you took off while in front of him, on a turn no less? What about this does not sound stupid to you? What was he supposed to do? Take off and hit you in the rear? I mean come on I love Vettes and all....
I got one word for this race, ANIMALWARFEST !
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Originally Posted by pittman
I got one word for this race, ANIMALWARFEST !
LMAO! please tell me the OP isnt Animarwarfest...
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Lol, Animal is even known here. He got a big call out on ls1gto. The dude wouldn't even post in the thread.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Your right and I like GTO's so don't be mad, but, he was stupid!

I have guys do stupid stuff all the time if I don't laugh at them and get out of their way I'll get mad like you or crashed or both, definitely both!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Launching!

I have guys do stupid stuff all the time if I don't laugh at them and get out of their way I'll get mad like you or crashed or both, definitely both!
You sir, are an idiot. Even your own peers are laughing at you. Why would I be upset? Everyone knows Vettes are in a different league than the GTO's. So what? One day, I would love to have one myself. The guy was most likely not even racing you. As stated before, it would have been down right moronic to race a car that is directly in front of you.

Nice ninja edit btw. Luckily i seen what you had the first time.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Pot meet kettle. LOL, racing around a turn. Silliness. Darwin will take care of you soon enough.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

Exclamation I wasn't racing!

Originally Posted by ls 2 goat
Pot meet kettle. LOL, racing around a turn. Silliness. Darwin will take care of you soon enough.
A Vette is all about going faster around a turn to me and that's what sets it apart! If I wanted the straight line thing I would more effeciently just go to a crouch rocket again.

This post is really more to the Vette guys that build there cars for a straight line and my point of view:

"I'm sure glad I didn't let my handling go for straight line performance!"
Old 03-13-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thread fail.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Banned

Wink I get it!

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
thread fail.
Now I understand! Yes, I like your purpose built car probably my favorite so far, but, without the electronics like the ZR1; not for me (I'm not good enough)!

Last edited by rosulekg; 03-14-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As stated before, it would have been down right moronic to race a car that is directly in front of you.
What's wrong with racing someone directly in front of you? You wait for them to go, stomp on it, pass them and move back over in front of them. No problem!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Talking Fair enough!

Originally Posted by 99FRC
What's wrong with racing someone directly in front of you? You wait for them to go, stomp on it, pass them and move back over in front of them. No problem!
And to stay out of trouble I only do that with lessor cars! Kind of a shark mentality I say!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTO saw the light!