Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Calling out Doug (allngn C5)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Calling out Doug (allngn C5)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! new personal record tonight!

440lbs. weighed in at 212 tonight too

[youtube]bZXyfvFgf9U[/youtube]

365 for 6 for warm up

[youtube]10gvQhgMDRg[/youtube]

315 for 10 on burnout

[youtube]P7IMIJzW_bg[/youtube]

Think I had 445, possibly 450 if I didnt do so many sets before I maxed. Planned on waiting till monday, but had alot of stress and felt pretty good. Was still sore from hitting arms on wed too.

Ill give you a call tomorrow afternoon bro.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doing pretty good John !!! I can't mess with you on the bench, but anyday you want to do legs just let me know !!!!!!!

This probably should've been posted in the racers lounge John. Not too much corvette performance here.

Congrats on the new personal best. I hope to be joining the elusive 400 lb bench club too. Got some work to do first. You'll probably hit 500 before I hit 400 LOL

Again congrats on a successful bench press of 440 lbs! Thats over double your body weight...................
Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Doing pretty good John !!! I can't mess with you on the bench, but anyday you want to do legs just let me know !!!!!!!

This probably should've been posted in the racers lounge John. Not too much corvette performance here.

Congrats on the new personal best. I hope to be joining the elusive 400 lb bench club too. Got some work to do first. You'll probably hit 500 before I hit 400 LOL

Again congrats on a successful bench press of 440 lbs! Thats over double your body weight...................

whats the racers lounge? yeah i know its nothing to do with corvettes, but knew you would see it in this section. lol.

haha yeah, i need to work on legs more.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey he was excited. Good job bro, I've never "maxed" but 315lb's for 5 reps/ sets @ 185lbs is my best bench.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Makes my old 345# look weak, even though it was 15 years ago.
Nice job!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn impressssive lift, i misss being strong haha. I've been cutting weight and been doing dumbbell presses and now i struggle doing bench at all (just feels weird). Good to see someone who actually maxes and lifts without arching at all.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Good job man. Wish I could get up to at least 300. I had to spot some big samoan dude awhile back cuz I was the only other one in the gym at the time. He put up 550. Thank god because if he didnt get it no way in hell I could. Thats like 3x my weight.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sstg
Hey he was excited. Good job bro, I've never "maxed" but 315lb's for 5 reps/ sets @ 185lbs is my best bench.
thats a really good weight for your body weight. how tall were you?

Originally Posted by David Gordon
Makes my old 345# look weak, even though it was 15 years ago.
Nice job!
thanks man. 345 is still a load of weight though. how much were you weighing when you did that?

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
damn impressssive lift, i misss being strong haha. I've been cutting weight and been doing dumbbell presses and now i struggle doing bench at all (just feels weird). Good to see someone who actually maxes and lifts without arching at all.
its hard as hell for me to gain weight. im in that 3500-4000 calories a day too. and yeah i try to keep my back and *** on the bench. power lifters use an arch.

DB presses are really good. it helps with balance. i switch off every other time when i work chest. BB, then DB the next week.

Originally Posted by z28MP
Good job man. Wish I could get up to at least 300. I had to spot some big samoan dude awhile back cuz I was the only other one in the gym at the time. He put up 550. Thank god because if he didnt get it no way in hell I could. Thats like 3x my weight.
i remember when i 1st hit that 315. was on top of the world

yeah there are some heavy hitters out there. a buddy is 5'6 215 lbs and did 495 (5 plates) on INCLINE press. thats wicked. The most iv ever done on incline was 355 and it felt like a truck. lol
Old 02-28-2010, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Probably 210 or so, I was about 32 years old then. Again great job.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spectre86

its hard as hell for me to gain weight. im in that 3500-4000 calories a day too. and yeah i try to keep my back and *** on the bench. power lifters use an arch.

Now John we've talked about this. If you aren't gaining weight then add 500 calories per day a week from a lean protein source. Chicken or tuna. Spread it out thru the day to help better control your peaks/valleys when talking about insulin. If thats not working then add 500 calories from beef. If that doesn't work keep the beef, and add another 250 chicken/fish and if still doesn't work make it 500 from beef and 500 from chicken/fish. THat extra 1000 quality calories per day every week should yield a hard gainer that is training well and resting well 1-2 lbs gain per week. Let me know how it works. BTW, I've eaten so much chicken I'm growing feathers. Sucks trying to cut fat, but I'm getting there.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now John we've talked about this. If you aren't gaining weight then add 500 calories per day a week from a lean protein source. Chicken or tuna. Spread it out thru the day to help better control your peaks/valleys when talking about insulin. If thats not working then add 500 calories from beef. If that doesn't work keep the beef, and add another 250 chicken/fish and if still doesn't work make it 500 from beef and 500 from chicken/fish. THat extra 1000 quality calories per day every week should yield a hard gainer that is training well and resting well 1-2 lbs gain per week. Let me know how it works. BTW, I've eaten so much chicken I'm growing feathers. Sucks trying to cut fat, but I'm getting there.
Oh I have man. been mixing this with milk too ON TOP of everything else.

I can only eat so much before I feel like throwing up. then i get full to the point where im not hungry for 4+ hours.

lol heres a pic of the pantry.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Then do what I do, reduce your serving size and eat every 2 hrs or less. Remember how I told you I live out of a tupperware bowl full of ground sirloin, and chicken breast. I suggest you eat or at least sip on a protein shake while you lift, and then load up on food post workout. Utilize beef as your post workout meal. The chicken is good but your body wants more calories, and fat post workout. Then again, what you are doing is working so don't fix it if it ain't broke. John if the formula you are working with doesn't get you to at least 220, but hopefully 225 then we are going to have to sit down and map out your daily intake. When and how much you eat, so we can figure out a better strategy. Are you deadlifting ? Deadlifting is another GREAT exercise that packs on mass, especially when done in lower reps higher weight. 1-4 rep sets, and I mean 10+ sets after warming up. We'll talk later, keep up the hard work. One last comment, bring up those legs a little bit, and you'll find some of the mass you are missing. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Spectre86;12961094]thats a really good weight for your body weight. how tall were you?

Thanks bro.
I'm 5'11'' tall.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Great lift. It's even more impressive because you did it like a bodybuilder (longer range of motion) not a powerlifter. Be careful with the thumbless grip, I've heard some crazy stories. What are your squat/dead numbers?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F4iGuy
Great lift. It's even more impressive because you did it like a bodybuilder (longer range of motion) not a powerlifter. Be careful with the thumbless grip, I've heard some crazy stories. What are your squat/dead numbers?
I don't think John trains legs as hard. J/K with you John.

On the no thumb grip, you have a great point. I've seen guys push so hard and the bar rolled out of there hands and landed on their chest/sternum/stomach. Wasn't pretty either.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then do what I do, reduce your serving size and eat every 2 hrs or less. Remember how I told you I live out of a tupperware bowl full of ground sirloin, and chicken breast. I suggest you eat or at least sip on a protein shake while you lift, and then load up on food post workout. Utilize beef as your post workout meal. The chicken is good but your body wants more calories, and fat post workout. Then again, what you are doing is working so don't fix it if it ain't broke. John if the formula you are working with doesn't get you to at least 220, but hopefully 225 then we are going to have to sit down and map out your daily intake. When and how much you eat, so we can figure out a better strategy. Are you deadlifting ? Deadlifting is another GREAT exercise that packs on mass, especially when done in lower reps higher weight. 1-4 rep sets, and I mean 10+ sets after warming up. We'll talk later, keep up the hard work. One last comment, bring up those legs a little bit, and you'll find some of the mass you are missing. Good luck.
I do man. stubbs chicken breast! lol but can only choke so many of them down. I just started doing deads like 2 weeks ago because our gym finally got a hex bar. Hex bar helps build quads more.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spectre86
I do man. stubbs chicken breast! lol but can only choke so many of them down. I just started doing deads like 2 weeks ago because our gym finally got a hex bar. Hex bar helps build quads more.
Are you eating beef post workout?

Good to hear on the deads. Warmup with 135 to failure, and then add weight and do as I suggested. You'll be pulling 495 x 1 in a few months if you adapt to the exercise quickly. My best single was 515 and thought I'd was going to puke after locking it in. I don't get above 405 anymore. Usually 315 and 365 is more then enough. Not trying to prove anything to myself on that move anymore. I'm getting older LOL

I can't believe this thread hasn't been moved/locked or both ?!?!

Last edited by allngn_c5; 03-01-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F4iGuy
Yeah everyone says that about the grip. i like it alot better though.

just started doing deads. sqaut was 385 last time i maxed.

Are you eating beef post workout?

Good to hear on the deads. Warmup with 135 to failure, and then add weight and do as I suggested. You'll be pulling 495 x 1 in a few months if you adapt to the exercise quickly. My best single was 515 and thought I'd was going to puke after locking it in. I don't get above 405 anymore. Usually 315 and 365 is more then enough. Not trying to prove anything to myself on that move anymore. I'm getting older LOL

I can't believe this thread hasn't been moved/locked or both ?!?!
usually eat alot of eggs. sometimes ill have steak and a potato. I just bought a george foreman grill so ill be making steak more often.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Stick with the deads you'll love the results. A strong dead will make EVERYthing go up. Squats, bench, etc.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

just got back from doin deads tonight with the hex bar. finished out at 425 for a 2 rep.

Quick Reply: Calling out Doug (allngn C5)