Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

ABS Module Repair Service?

Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Module Repair Service?

I'm looking at buying a 2003 Corvette Z06 anniversary. It needs the dreaded ABS Module. But rather than repair it, i found an article saying you can have it serviced because what fails on them is the power relay inside due to condensation. A place called ABSFIXER.com does it for around $150. So i was wondering, i'm not uch of a mechanic, and i was hoping someone could provide a link to a faq or walk-through on removing the ABS module, and cracking open the body and extracting the part that needs to be serviced. Heres the article in which i found the information, but its not much of a DIY just information
http://markitude.wordpress.com/2009/...roller-repair/
Old 02-14-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent my module off and after receiving it back I still had the same damn DTC codes in my 01 coupe. I've pretty much given up as it looks like my ABS motor is shot. But the car drives fine for me.

I've read alot of differnt posts from people who have been very pleased witht the repair job from ABSFixer. So guess its the luck of the draw.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Find out what code is coming up the ABS fixer will only be able to help with certian codes. Finding out what codes you have first will let them determine if there repair will work for you or not.

I've used ABSfixer.com for 3 vettes and our Suburban, if it looks like it's the module, get the code it's throwing and give them a call. It's worth a try.

To remove your module it's not too bad, just diconnect the 2 connectors (the one big one with the lever) and the smaller connector with 2 wires. Then remove the 6 bolts that hold it onto the pump, you'll have to get a screwdriver or something in between the pump and the module to get it to come loose, there is a rubber seal around the module that sticks to the pump. Just work it back and forth and make sure you have all 6 bolts off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS Module Repair Service?