Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

03 c5z

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 c5z

I have a 02 SS camaro making 500 rwhp with a stroked ls2, but I just purchased this ZO6 so now I am wondering what I need to get to do this swap. Are kooks long tubes good on a vette? How about the rear holding this power and down the road some sort of power adder like nos or turbos..?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goin4broke
I have a 02 SS camaro making 500 rwhp with a stroked ls2, but I just purchased this ZO6 so now I am wondering what I need to get to do this swap. Are kooks long tubes good on a vette? How about the rear holding this power and down the road some sort of power adder like nos or turbos..?
So you're pulling the motor out of the SS to put in the Z? Not much is needed at all really - does the Z have the stock motor still in it with all the accessories? Kooks are good headers for the vette along with LG and ARH. The rear will hold the power as long as you don't go to the track much and don't put slicks on. The stock differential is pretty weak on the C5s but you can help it out with a C6Z driver's side output shaft and differential brace. You will also need a different clutch if you still have the Z06 clutch. It won't last long at all with that power level.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red99TA
So you're pulling the motor out of the SS to put in the Z? Not much is needed at all really - does the Z have the stock motor still in it with all the accessories? Kooks are good headers for the vette along with LG and ARH. The rear will hold the power as long as you don't go to the track much and don't put slicks on. The stock differential is pretty weak on the C5s but you can help it out with a C6Z driver's side output shaft and differential brace. You will also need a different clutch if you still have the Z06 clutch. It won't last long at all with that power level.
I agree, the rear ends just don't hold up well. Hell I even broke 2 rear out-put shafts and 1 CV axle. And this was when my 02C5Z was stock or just had minor bolt ons', nothing major. I would also go with LG or ARH I have ARH and they fit perfect going in but they are the most expensive out of the 3.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Good deal, right now the z is stock and the SS is nice but it squeaks and rattles and I have always wanted a Corvette so here it starts. The qtp headers on my f body fit Awsome give me great clearance even though the car is lowered so I wanted to ask some peoples with experience there opinion on fittment. Also the help with the extras is nice I was wondering about that stuff. How about the couplers from the engine to rear how much abuse will they take?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by goin4broke
500 rwhp in the vette with 390-410 gears\tires\clutch will get you mid tens or better in the 1/4. You are going to love it.