Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

OEM Parts at Autozone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default OEM Parts at Autozone?

This last wekk I needed two replace two ignition coils that were on the way out. I was at Autozone picking up some gear oil and I asked them what they had for ign coils for the vette. The guy pulled out a Duralast box, Autozone's in store brand, so I expected to see a cheap chinese part but to my surprise it was a oem Denso unit. Part numbers matched up with the exception that the new coils have black silicone insulation vs the stock beige. They actually look better. They were $45ea with a 2yr warranty, which is actually a pretty good price. Even GMDirectParts have them for $49. Just thought I'd share this in case anyone was in need for some new coils. I even picked up some LS1 lifters from Autozone a few months ago that were Melling pieces. Melling is a good made in the USA manufacturer. Surprising what you can find in Autozone when you look. Not all their parts are for ricers. Lol

Bad unit
OEM Parts at Autozone?-coil1.jpg

New OEM Denso Unit (Duralast #C1144)
OEM Parts at Autozone?-coi2.jpg

Car idles better, slight miss at low rpms is gone as well,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAIHG6xL79w
Old 05-12-2012, 04:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes OEM parts can be found at AutoZone, PepBoys and O'Reillys.

When I had my 2000 Firebird, I bought a Dayco lower a/c pulley and tensioner for my 2000 Firebird from PepBoys. My original was made in Canada just like the replacement. Both parts were identical.

The boxes that parts are packaged in sometimes mean nothing.

Glad you got your Vette fixed.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Good info to know, thanks for posting. Autozone certainly does carry some oem parts. For what it's worth, I know they carry the oem Timken wheel hubs.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcatt
Sometimes OEM parts can be found at AutoZone, PepBoys and O'Reillys.

When I had my 2000 Firebird, I bought a Dayco lower a/c pulley and tensioner for my 2000 Firebird from PepBoys. My original was made in Canada just like the replacement. Both parts were identical.

The boxes that parts are packaged in sometimes mean nothing.

Glad you got your Vette fixed.

Yup, got it fixed only to lose a main bearing thanks to a destroyed cam lobe caused by a bad lifter. Building a L92/LS3. Easier to get a street friendly 480-500rwhp.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bought an oil pressure sender for my C5 from there 4 years ago. Still working great. Had the same numbers on it and identical as the ACDelco one that I got from the dealer that lasted only 6 month.

Quick Reply: OEM Parts at Autozone?