Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Typical engine movement with oem engine mounts question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Typical engine movement with oem engine mounts question...

Hey guys, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this question, but it seems to me that I would get an audience with the most input here.

I have a stock 5.3L LS engine going in a 73 240z. I am using oem C6 oil filled engine mounts and an energy suspension polyurethane transmission mount.

What I am looking for is some input on how much side to side movement I should expect out of this mount combination. If any C5/C6 guys would like to add any input I would greatly appreciate it!

I am expecting mostly educated guesses, but if someone has measured movement with the drivetrain loaded, well that would be even better.

FYI, I am inquiring because with this Z the space is very limited. I am facing some pretty close clearances between the transmission and transmission tunnel on the passenger side. Exhaust system clearance is going to be very tight as well.

I'm just trying to see what I should set as a "minimum clearance" value in my head so that hopefully I don't have any clunk clunk issues to resolve after my first test drive!

Car in question. (Please don't mind the dirty radiator :p)

Thanks for your time.

-Tyler

Quick Reply: Typical engine movement with oem engine mounts question...