Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Strange Error Massages?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Strange Error Massages?????

Ok this is George's wife not George, LOL. I have a problem with my 1998 C5, about a month ago it started displaying error messages like service ABS, Tire Monitoring System, Service Traction Control System it wasnt everyday but maybe 3 or 4 times a weeks. Then last week I was in traffic and I got a Reduced Engine Power and then the service traction control system message popped in and I puddered to the gas station turned it off and then back on the service engine light stayed on but the other messages went away and it seemed to be running normal. I stopped about 10 miles later and turned it back on and the messages and the service engine light were gone and still are. But yesterday the Service Column Lock message came on hahaha. I read my codes the only ones I see relivant to the reduced power massage is 10-PCM P1518H or 28-TCS C1278H. Oh and I need to mention that about three days for all this started my dog knocked a coke over and it went down in the console and ashtray area of the car, is it possible that that caused all of this? Thanks in advance Rene' (hence the user name Rene's Rage)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

C5s are known for ground wire issues which cause a host of wierd and often
unrelated codes.....I'd definitely guess that the whole coke incedent was a
major player in this particular headache.

Quick Reply: Strange Error Massages?????