Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

***Fastest C7 Corvette in the World in 1/4 and 1/2 Mile***

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation ***Fastest C7 Corvette in the World in 1/4 and 1/2 Mile***

Decided last minute to take our C7 out for the Texas half mile. We show up early hoping to get a run in the am with temps down and awesome tail wind. Well, we go to tech and find out drag radials are not allowed:crazy:. So we have to pull wheels/tires off and drive all the way back across town to pick up some street tires from shop.

Finally get to make a run a 1pm(82*). Car spun hard 1-2 and pulled good in 3 and 4th. I then went from 4-7 like 3 times and then just aborted the run. (Heard this issue from a couple other C7 guys) If anyone else having this problem please post up. (that way we can look into a solution)

Turned car back around for 2nd try, 2.30pm I believe and temps are now around (85*). Car left soft and short shifted 1-2 and 3rd and 4th pulled clean, then took my sweet time making sure I found 5th.

We were very happy with the results, especially the 1/4mph because this shows us on drag radials and on a prepped track surface and with the Nitrous on this car will run mid to low 9s. That will be our next goal and then gear the car correctly for next event so we can go over 200mph on the nitrous.

I do believe we were the fastest Corvette on the premises. 2nd Fastest was a C6Z with LSX 427ci and Procharger F1X making 1200plus hp with 171mph pass. Very clean car.

Video should be up by Monday.:thumbs:

Quick Reply: ***Fastest C7 Corvette in the World in 1/4 and 1/2 Mile***