Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help

Thinking about doing some suspension mods to my c5z. But curious as to which would work better for street driving and drag strip usage. As of now I'm torn between using coilovers, or leaving the stock style set up and putting adjustable shocks. Wondering what other people are using and how they like it. Car will soon have heads and cam. And I plan to run bias ply slicks and skinnies at the track. But if I can get the car to work well enough I'll use a drag radial.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowmiles
Thinking about doing some suspension mods to my c5z. But curious as to which would work better for street driving and drag strip usage. As of now I'm torn between using coilovers, or leaving the stock style set up and putting adjustable shocks. Wondering what other people are using and how they like it. Car will soon have heads and cam. And I plan to run bias ply slicks and skinnies at the track. But if I can get the car to work well enough I'll use a drag radial.
In my experience...coilovers are one of the best mods I have ever done to my car or any other vehicle. Truly amazing difference.... sure, you can get shocks that do feel but not TRUE independent....coilovers obviously you can adjust ride height...plus of minus a few inches... besides all that, you have weight savings,...and a MUCH EASIER vehicle to work on(no more mono leaf springs causing tension bind or blocking your oil pan and or diff).

HIGHLY recommend coilovers. street, strip, track, whatever.... awesome stuff.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Could not have said it better "V".... I too am running Coilovers on my C5Z... One if the best mods hands down in terms of appearance, comfort, performance.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:39 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Any suggestions now that Pfadt is out of the game? Is LG really the only option out there?

Quick Reply: Suspension help