C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Fasterproms C7 M7 Runs 10.25 @ 140.33

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fasterproms C7 M7 Runs 10.25 @ 140.33

Fasterproms C7 M7 Runs 10.25 @ 140.33-c7-time-10.25.jpg

Initially when I bought this car, the goal was to run 9's shifting gears. Unfortunately, our R&D time has run out and we have to move on to another project. We will be starting the R&D on the new Z06 hopefully by the end of the year.

It has been a blast owning the car and learning all sorts of things about the new LT1 motor. We had a working FlexFuel sensor in July, and to our knowledge, this was the first documented one. We got to test porting of the intake manifold, throttle body and cylinder heads. We also tested E85 (20-30rwhp) and the limitations of the factory fuel system (700rwhp) as well as American Racing headers and colder spark plugs.

Mods:
A&A Supercharger 6.5 psi Ti Trim
Fasterproms Ported Heads
Fasterproms Custom Cam
93 Octane, M7, No Methanol or E85
Built and Tuned by Jeremy Formato at Fasterproms
Currently the 2nd Fastest Manual C7 in the World and 7th Fastest Overall - 10.25 @ 140.33

Congratulations to Vengeance, for the M7 record - 10.20 @ 144

I only had one opportunity at the track to go for the record at this power level. After numerous oil-downs and track clean-ups, it took me until the 3rd pass to get there.

I wanted to put a methanol kit on the car but I couldn't get it installed in time. This would have allowed me to run more boost and more spark advance. By introducing the methanol as a supplemental fuel system, I would have been able to run E85, and thus gained even more power. I tapped the rev limiter in 2nd gear....Unfortunately it cost me the record. Missed it by that much.

Ironically we held the fastest CTS-V Manual Record for some time, and we are currently 2nd. (We sold the car in March, 2014.) We intend to continue this trend with the new Z06!

On an ensuing thread, we will have a list of recommended modifications and the expected gains.

I wanted to give a special thanks to the people who helped make this happen:

Jason @ Texas Speed
Brian Tooley @ Brian Tooley Racing
Andy @ A&A Superchargers
Steve Doten @ American Racing Headers
All the people at Fasterproms, Family, Friends and Most Importantly, God.

Last edited by JeremyF; 11-25-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Fasterproms C7 M7 Runs 10.25 @ 140.33