Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Hurting Feelings

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurting Feelings

The weather was looking hot and the GTR Boys were renting the track so we decided to get this whip ready last minute to go to the rental day.

When I brought the car to Wade @ Maximum Performance on Friday it was riddled with problems since it had been sitting at my shop for 3-4 years without testing. When i drove it into the dyno room, Wade told me the map sensor was out of it, I couldn't even keep my eyes open while running. I pulled it out and he was right, vacuum line was off it. This caused my wide band to fail because running so rich, so we replaced that. We did a pull on the waste gates and the car was heating up. Coolant system was not bled properly. At this point I was loosing hope, but that was an easy fix. Monday morning he calls me and says the boost controller decrease solenoid was screwed up, the car hit 38psi as soon as he stabbed the throttle. I called a couple local buddies and one had an extra AMS1000, so he sold it to me cheap and were off to the races.

Got to Toronto Motorsports Park and Wade told me lets do 300ft test hit which was very lucky as the car went toward the wall. This had me pinch a loaf as it was my first time ever driving an auto. We made some adjustments to the suspension and tire pressure and decided to do an 1/8th mile pass. The car was all over the track due to power and 5 year old tires. At this point I had considered asking him to drive for me as I was scared of the car. He had me raise the front of the car a little because the back was to high and unloading the suspension. Sweating like a fat bastard, I was again thinking of asking him to drive when he suited me up and said " Real Racers Sweat & Drive " I knew he wasn't taking no for an answer.

I got to the line and was getting better at staging the car by this point, did a great burnout, activate the boost controller and she left fairly soft. Grabbed second gear and she was waging the dog but I drove threw it. Grabbed the next gear and she nosed up and charged hard. Very first complete pass she set a Canadian Record !!!

8.40 @ 170 MPH

We decided to put a couple more psi off the line and out the back door. I was lining up for a second pass when we had the starter shorted out ... go figure. Maybe it was for the best considering the tires were hockey pucks.

I want to send a special thanks to Wade @ Maximum Performance for all his help. I would never have got it to the track without his help. Thank you

Also thanks to all the ball washing haters that doubted me ... That was the inspiration I needed to finally go prove my car.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Video of 1/8mile shake down pass ...

http://vid780.photobucket.com/albums...ps4up79zml.mp4
Old 11-11-2015, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's sick!
Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Badass dude.

Always been a fan of that store bought turbo setup you've got.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, car looks awesome in that color too!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Badass dude.

Always been a fan of that store bought turbo setup you've got.

I keep seeing people trying to copy it ... im flattered lol
Old 11-18-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bongva
That's sick!
Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Nice, car looks awesome in that color too!
Thanks boys ! My tuner keeps riding my *** to paint it lol
Old 11-20-2015, 08:37 PM
12 Second Club

Badass. You said, "ball washing haters" I had to laugh at that one, kind of made my night. Now I want to see a thread about it. Where's it at?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Droptopws6
Badass. You said, "ball washing haters" I had to laugh at that one, kind of made my night. Now I want to see a thread about it. Where's it at?
LOL its sad but true.

Here is a video of the 1/8mile hit :

Here is the build thread .. most of the links no longer work

Quick Reply: Hurting Feelings