Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 Z06 Starting issues HELP!!! Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z06 Starting issues HELP!!! Please

I searched and could not find too much help in the results.
So here's what I've got:
09 C6 Z06 w/46k miles
Car has run great until about 2k miles ago it would take two try's to get it started (occasionally). Not everyday but sometimes. It gradually because more frequent until finally this week it cranks and won't start. Then other times it starts and is fine! I replaced the fuel pump fuse and relay. Still does it. Occasionally on a start up it will go into "Reduced power" mode. Which is weird. Before I start tearing into things I wanted a little insight. Who's had this issue? What was your fix? So far most things I've gotten results on points toward the fuse box. I have pressure at the fuel rail and like I said sometimes it starts absolutely fine and runs great, I can drive it, full power and runs awesome. Then I park it and it just cranks and cranks but won't start. Also it does not matter if cold or warm. TIA.
Anthony
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 AM

Also if there are good threads already on this please post the link! Thanks!!
Old 12-26-2015, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure what's been done to your car but I will tell you what it was when mine was doing the same thing. I bought my car as a H/C setup and the same issue you're describing here would happen to me as well when I first bought it. When mine did this, it was all tune related. Snce you've already checked fuses, I think this is your next logical step. From there, look at the fuel tank cross-over pipe. It from time to time can kink causing this from my understanding. That said, if you get that far into it, you mine as well swap the fuel pump while you're there. It's more of a hassle to swap fuel pumps on our vettes than it is to swap the Trans or diff!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 427zm
Not sure what's been done to your car but I will tell you what it was when mine was doing the same thing. I bought my car as a H/C setup and the same issue you're describing here would happen to me as well when I first bought it. When mine did this, it was all tune related. Snce you've already checked fuses, I think this is your next logical step. From there, look at the fuel tank cross-over pipe. It from time to time can kink causing this from my understanding. That said, if you get that far into it, you mine as well swap the fuel pump while you're there. It's more of a hassle to swap fuel pumps on our vettes than it is to swap the Trans or diff!
Okay so today I used my dads code reader/ diagnostic tool to run the codes ect. I came up with one code
P1682- which is an ignition problem. States that it can cause exactly what I've been experiencing with failure to start. So I cleared it and the car has started flawlessly 8 times. So I'm waiting to see if it comes back or what now. I'll let you all know!

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Starting issues HELP!!! Please