Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Potential fuel pump(s) dying

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential fuel pump(s) dying

Just picked up a C6 like 2 weeks ago. 07 Z51. Car had intermittent starting issue. Would crank but no fire. After a few mins of this, it would fire rite up like nothing ever happened lol. Run fine, start fine, drive fine. After about a week of this. I changed the pump relay in the engines fuse box. Seemed to run fine for 2 days. Got heavy rains last night ( could be purely coincidental though) and this morning when I went to start it, it turned over but was idling really weird. You could tell it wasnt rite. Drove it slowly down the road and stabbing the gas resulted on it falling flat on its face briefly, bucking really hard then taking off again, and stumbling again. The car has the racetronix rewire kit on it or something extremely similar. So I'm guessing with my past fuel pump failure experiences that this may indeed be a pump failure scenario. Just looking to see if anyone has had similar issues and had a quick fix or idea on what to scope out. If its worth noting, when it was cranking and not firing, there was n fuel being pushed out of the schrader valve on the rail. And when it would fire up, there was obviously fuel.

Thanks for any assistance guys.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the battery voltage, and are your cables, and grounds TIGHT?

To diagnose fuel issues, you need a fuel pressure gauge, check it at start, and under load. It may have pressure at start but not enough ability to keep up with the volume under load. YOu could also be having a MAF problem based on what you're experiencing...

Any codes?

Quick Reply: Potential fuel pump(s) dying