Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Car wont launch or spin tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont launch or spin tires

help!!! just trying to get an idea hard to explain . I have a 99 c5 vette with a ms4 cam Hughes 3k stall headers. And I just bought it I'm having problems with what I was told the ebcm
also the traction control system is tuned out I was told .. and the traction controll button dont do anything so i take it that it is deleted.. this is my first vette

Car runs great. Try and do a burnout it goes to 2k and won't do a burnout also can't launch the car acts like rear brakes lock up and the car loses power. seems only when your foot in on the brake but i tried to punch it at 20 mph and it wont even brake them loose ... not sure whats going on just looking for help or guidance on whats going on

Last edited by Rtorevell; 01-16-2017 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:17 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seemingly traction control ON
when wheels slip ebcm basically requests the PCM to reduce the TQ
and it will close the throttle ,, lol open the hood and try burn out let anyone monitor the throttle
i think 00 or 01 vette's had ( competitive mode ) that holding TCS button for 5 seconds
and they use rear brake to reduce TQ but ur 99 i dk
Old 01-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Alright thanks I'm not sure how he delected the traction controlled but this is kind of snooping I'm going to start pulling fuses will I know whats going on forsure my traction button don't change anything so Imuch just wondering if there's a problem or something I have to look at in hp tuners
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rtorevell
help!!! just trying to get an idea hard to explain . I have a 99 c5 vette with a ms4 cam Hughes 3k stall headers. And I just bought it I'm having problems with what I was told the ebcm
also the traction control system is tuned out I was told .. and the traction controll button dont do anything so i take it that it is deleted.. this is my first vette

Car runs great. Try and do a burnout it goes to 2k and won't do a burnout also can't launch the car acts like rear brakes lock up and the car loses power. seems only when your foot in on the brake but i tried to punch it at 20 mph and it wont even brake them loose ... not sure whats going on just looking for help or guidance on whats going on
Does the gas peddle fight back at all? If the TCS is anything like the one in the LS F-Bodies of the same year, the gas peddle should push back at you when traction control kicks on.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Teching In

No nothing at all don't fight back car goes to 1800 rpm and sits there nothing at all
Anyone know of a way to completely delete the ebcm and run just front and rear brakes don't care about abs or anything just want to completely bypass everything and not have the computer have anything to do with the brakes?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The nice thing about a pre-01 car is that you don't have dynamic rear proportioning so if you don't want to have ABS just pull the fuse.

Quick Reply: Car wont launch or spin tires