Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside

Old 01-26-2017, 02:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside

One of the most common questions we are asked, which coil overs are right for me?

G2 vs GT2

Short version....if it is almost stock and you multi purpose the car, GT2's, if you are building for a specific use G2's.

Now the long version..
LG G2 Coil overs

Details
  • C5 through C7 applications available.
  • Full bolt on install, no modifications of the car required
  • Shock valving and spring rates are spec'd with each order
  • HyperCo springs used
  • Bilstein Motorsport shock (LG valving)
  • various shock length combos available
  • adjustable ride height
  • Spherical bearing mounts
  • All kits built to order: touring, road race, and drag race

2016+ G2 update detail thread here

The G2 line of coil overs for the Corvette can be dated back to 1998 when we first developed them for the very first C5 World Challenge Corvette. We have since adapted, updated, and spec'd G2 coil over kits for C5 through the latest C7 edition Corvette to perform at it's best in what ever application you need. Our G2 line has probably more wins in both the Pro and Amateur ranks than any coil over kit on the market today.

Heavy aero cars, drag cars, and extensively modified cars I suggest the G2's personally.

When you purchase a set of G2's you are taking in our 30 years of racing experience to get you the proper setup on the car and make sure it is right for you and the car so you can focus on driving, not jacking the car up between rounds to turn ***** and dials. Adjustable race shocks are nice but at the end of the day those adjustments only make up for a small time difference on track. The major components: critical valving, spring rates, bars, alignment, tires, and driver....those are going to make the big changes. Our kits are consistent, fast, and comfortable to drive street or track. Talk to your sales person about details on a kit for your car.

LG GT2 Coil Overs

Details
  • C5 through C7 applications available.
  • Full bolt on install, no modifications of the car required
  • Shock and spring rates taken and used from our most popular G2 combos
  • Spherical bearing mounts
  • 12 way single adjustable shock
  • adjustable spring pre-load and shock body length

The GT2 coil over line was brought about for the consumer that might do a number of different things from taking the car to the track once and a while, maybe going on a trip with it, and a pass or two down the strip. Valving and spring rates are based off of our most popular G2 combo's and use a 12 way single adjustment for the customer to fine tune to their needs. Shock bodies are modular and allow for different setup lengths as well as spring pre-loads based off what the customer wants for ride height.

The GT2 line has been extremely popular with a number of our customers, and most famously by Rich Willhoff in the Optima Challenge series taking first place in class with his C6Z running our GT2 coil overs, G1 bars, spindles, and mono *****.....just ask for the "RichieRich package"

Of course....was the corvette frame built for coil overs?

[YT]fxTIkgC4-xs[/YT]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside