Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Z06 G5X3 & LGM LongTube Headers Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 G5X3 & LGM LongTube Headers Dyno Results

This was an independent test as I live in KY and have nothing to gain from this, I'm not associated with LGM in anyway. LGM has a great cam and LongTube Header package and it makes exactly what Matt @ LGM said it would make. I just figured the buying public should know and hear from a third party.

I'm not sure how to post the graph so if someone does send me a pm. This was with the mods in my SIG and no ported tb, ud pulley, electric h20 pump, & untouched stock LS6 heads through a full exhaust no/cats. When I went to the track the car still wasn't dynotuned and had only a street tune and one bad spark plug wire, I ran a best time of 11.9 @ 120.3 mph on a 1.98 60ft. I very pleased with the results, and I can't thank Alex enough for tuning the car, he's the best around.

Dyno-Jet #'s 429.7 RWHP 400.4 RWTQ, the car is right where it should be according to others that have the same package that dynoed on a DJ.

I picked up a solid 60.6 RWHP on a SuperFlow WinDyn, and 69.8 RWHP on a DJ from the cam and header swap.

Stock Dyno #'s 359.9 RWHP 357.7 RWTQ
Dyno-Jet #'s 429.7 RWHP 400.4 RWTQ
Superflow WinDyn #'s 420.5 RWHP 391.8 RWTQ
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice numbers. Wish I was there to watch. Need to take a ride in that thing one of these days. May need your buddy to help me tune mine I can host teh dyno for you if you want. I sent you a PM with my email addy. Makes me want to go back to a H/C setup over my current setup.

Damon
Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

I wanted to go the A&A SC way. I bought the white faced Phantom gauges (Boost+FP+Isolator+Dual Pillar). It was going to run into some money so I decided to go with the cam. You can go for a ride anytime, I want to go for one in the SC Beast.

The SC route is the way to go, I bet your car screams.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:48 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm interested to see how much difference there will be with the tb and pulley. What gears are you running? What was your 60'?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I'm interested to see how much difference there will be with the tb and pulley. What gears are you running? What was your 60'?
Stock 3.42's
I cut a 1.98 60ft with the car untuned, and one bad plug wire. When we put the MSD wires on, one of the plug wires was just hanging there. I took the car to the SuperFlow WinDyn after my track session and it dynoed untuned 406 RWHP 384RWTQ. I can't wait to see the end results.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:10 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Throw some 4.10's or 3.90's (whatever that Dana center section takes), and you'll see some very nice improvments in your e/t. That cam likes to be reved, and those gears will help - so will that ported tb and pulley!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

thats smokin
Old 04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Throw some 4.10's or 3.90's (whatever that Dana center section takes), and you'll see some very nice improvments in your e/t. That cam likes to be reved, and those gears will help - so will that ported tb and pulley!!!

Yea you can get 3.73, 3.90, and 4.10s for our rears. I jsut saw a guy wanting to trade a set of 4.10s for a 3.42 rear too. Gears would make that car scream
Old 04-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Teching In

Congrats, nice numbers! Where are you located in KY?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Throw some 4.10's or 3.90's (whatever that Dana center section takes), and you'll see some very nice improvments in your e/t.
Vettes haven't used Dana rears since the C4, 97 and up C5s and C6s use a Gertrag Diff, and it will take 2.56s and 2.73s (unique case), and 3.15, 3.42, 3.73, 3.90, and 4.10s
Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Mike Frey
Vettes haven't used Dana rears since the C4, 97 and up C5s and C6s use a Gertrag Diff, and it will take 2.56s and 2.73s (unique case), and 3.15, 3.42, 3.73, 3.90, and 4.10s
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought they all had Dana centers since forever.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z06-JIM
Congrats, nice numbers! Where are you located in KY?
Hey Jim,

Hazard, KY

I've PM you about your setup awhile back on another board. I'm really happy with my LGM products.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IN DEBT
Hey Jim,
Hazard, KY
I've PM you about your setup awhile back on another board. I'm really happy with my LGM products.
Yea, I remember now that you said you're from Hazard, just a different name on other forum. I'm glad you're pleased with the mods. Kind of figured you would be. If you add a 90mm T/B & FAST intake and upgrade the heads, you will have a real beast then. Although, that's some pretty impressive numbers you have now!
I had a little bad luck recently with mine - cracked block, busted piston, and damaged head. It's in the shop now getting new block & AFR 205 heads installed. I also decided to go with the G5X4 cam this time.
While all this is getting done, I'm replacing the Spec 3 clutch & 4.10 gears.
Going to try the new "Aussie" Textralia 0Z700 clutch and install a new DTE differential w/ 3.90 gears.
If you still have the stock clutch and are going to the track much, be prepared to upgrade soon with your new found power. This will be the 3rd. clutch I've installed and hopefully the last for a while, if all the hype about these things is true.
I might be making a trip to eastern KY this summer to visit family. Maybe we can get together with our vette's then.
Again, congrats on the mods and the numbers!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z06-JIM
Yea, I remember now that you said you're from Hazard, just a different name on other forum. I'm glad you're pleased with the mods. Kind of figured you would be. If you add a 90mm T/B & FAST intake and upgrade the heads, you will have a real beast then. Although, that's some pretty impressive numbers you have now!
I had a little bad luck recently with mine - cracked block, busted piston, and damaged head. It's in the shop now getting new block & AFR 205 heads installed. I also decided to go with the G5X4 cam this time.
While all this is getting done, I'm replacing the Spec 3 clutch & 4.10 gears.
Going to try the new "Aussie" Textralia 0Z700 clutch and install a new DTE differential w/ 3.90 gears.
If you still have the stock clutch and are going to the track much, be prepared to upgrade soon with your new found power. This will be the 3rd. clutch I've installed and hopefully the last for a while, if all the hype about these things is true.
I might be making a trip to eastern KY this summer to visit family. Maybe we can get together with our vette's then.
Again, congrats on the mods and the numbers!
That would be great just PM me when your coming in and I'll give you my # and we'll get together. BadMonkey on here said he'd like to have a get together and BS, that would rock. G5X4 and you are the man I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Z.
I think in the next few months were going to try to make it to BB so you'll have to come by. I just got back from http://www.sstech-inc.com/londondragway/ and its now a 1/4. Its going through changes each week. Is a wonderful track ran by some very professional people.
I just read over all the mods your doing and that car is going to be a beast. You'll have well over 500 RWHP with a H/C car (AGAIN). Thats unbelieveable, like 427 POWER. Congrats on the build up and keep me informed on your progress.

Quick Reply: Z06 G5X3 & LGM LongTube Headers Dyno Results