Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

DTE diff. brace... installed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DTE diff. brace... installed...

I wont get into how much of a pain doing an in-car install this was, but man does this thing act as a traction device or something?, after the install I went up the road to do a burnout, and I revved it up pretty high so I wouldnt just launch, and popped the clutch at about 4k and the wheels just barked loud once and the car friggin took off, I kept in it and it was pulling HARD off the line w/ no tire spin, WOW, does anybody else have a dte and notice anything like this?, maybe my conditions were perfect and tires were hot enough(20min. @ 65mph) but I swear I can feel a big difference, seems like the power goes right to the ground when I'm on the gas now...
Old 08-08-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

nofukin body here has a dte brace????
Old 08-08-2005, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The in-car install is that bad? I have been thinking of trying it on my car.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

you can do it but there's alot of drive by brail going on w/ upper bolts, follow the directions but first run all the bolts through where they go on the brace cause the paint gets in the holes and its a biatch to be messing with after its bolted on, also at least take off the muffler pipes...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the install is a bitch with the diff and subframe still attached. Even adjusting it with the jam nuts tight is a PIA.

I replaced a broken output shaft and installed the DTE brace at the same time. No difference in traction for me. I run ET Streets 90% of the time and they hooked the same after as before. A radial tire never hooks up, before or after the brace install. I don't see how it could provide additional traction. Glad it drives better for you though.

Quick Reply: DTE diff. brace... installed...