Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Lowering information

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering information

I wanted to know if anyone happens to know what bolt size I needed to lower my car about 1.5".
Old 08-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

all you have to do is lower the stock bolts. to get the 1.5 that you want you may/will have to cut the front bushings and lower the rear bolts all the way down . well this is what i did anyways!! i got approx. 1.5 all the way around!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IT LBS
all you have to do is lower the stock bolts. to get the 1.5 that you want you may/will have to cut the front bushings and lower the rear bolts all the way down . well this is what i did anyways!! i got approx. 1.5 all the way around!
I just don't want to cut the bushings. Is that the only way I can do it?
Old 08-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Staging Lane

to get it that low, yes well the front anyway. the rear just lower the stock bolt all the way, but you may want to buy longer bolts!

frank
Old 08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

When you do it it will take a bit for it to settle as well so you may not see the drop right away. It took a bit before i really noticed it. Just lower the front almost all the way down and lower the back the same. Then wait a bit to see how you like the results from that alone before you buy anything especially since its free, and before you cut anything. That may be enough for yea, you never know. And get a feel for it lowered on the roads (scrapping especially in your area). My only regret is I tended to scrape alot here (and still do). Ky's road suck. Good luck.

Damon
Old 08-25-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

I set the bolts back on my Vette and it settled to just under 2inches. It looks damn nice! Its just a pain in the *** when I stage at the strip (deep stage every time) and them pesky speed bumps.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:49 AM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by silver01vette
I just don't want to cut the bushings. Is that the only way I can do it?
If you don't want to cut the bushings, lowering bolts are available, go check out covetteforums.com.

Personally, I prefer lowering with stock bolts (without cutting bushings) it is lowered enough since I don't care for slammed look.

It took all of about 20 minutes to lower mine with stock bolts.