Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help with F/R Brake change on 98 C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with F/R Brake change on 98 C5

I am going to change the pads and rotors on my c5 this weekend. I have done many brake jobs, just none on a corvette. In order for a smooth transitions, does anyone have advice or a link that will guide me through the process. It's probably nothing special of a job but I would rather be safe and ask first. Thanks in a dvance
Old 08-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Do a quick google search of lifting your C5 without using lifting pads. Essentially, drive all four corners up on 2x12's, and then use two 25" 2x6 boards on top of your jacking pad to straddle the aluminum cross-member in the front and back.

Sorry for my lack of the actual link, but it's not really all that difficult. I did my fronts in about an hour taking my sweet time. Hardest part is gettin the car in the air, and that's about it. If you read that post on lifting without pucks, you're good to go.

Email me if you have any questions, or IM me on AIM - ThePizzaC5.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Like he said, hard part is getting the car in the air. Once the wheels are off, cut off the locking washer, remove the two bolts holding the rotor, support the calipes, change the rotor, replace the pads and then bolt the rotor to the bracket....then move the the next wheel.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info I didn't think the procedure was anything different that what I was use to. Just thought I would check though