Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Need some help/advice about my 01 Z06, and help is much appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help/advice about my 01 Z06, and help is much appreciated

whats up guys, i got a 01 Z06 about 2 wks ago, it has right at 30k miles on it and seems to be a straight car. 1000 miles ago i got the oil change in it, synthetic oil of course. I don't run the car hard, mostly interestate miles and that sort of thing, it is also completely stock. Anyway, my problem is that last night my low oil level indicator came on. I've read about the oil rings sometimes giving problems in the 01 and am just curious if this is a symptom of that or if it just happens with the LS6 motor. Haven't noticed any oil leakage or been able to smell oil burning. The oil psi gauge does got up to the 70+ psi range with high rpms and i'm also wondering if that is normal (gauge max is 80psi). once again any help is much appreciated guys, thanks.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Was the oil low? Did you change the oil, or have someone do it? Oil pressure senders on these cars are hit and miss and bad senders are in the top ten of niggling problems.5w30 is the correct weight for oil, 20w50 racing oil will give you a high reading at startup.70# is a bit high cold, at least down here in Texas....
Old 11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Lost, i had to add about half a quart to it, i use 5w30 and had it done at the dealership i work at (i'm a car salesman). Cruising psi is usally around the 40 psi mark but stomping it through 1st 2nd and 3rd pushes it over the 70 psi mark, i figure that to be pretty normal but just wanted to check.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after you added oil did the light come on?, or does it stay on.. might have to reset the code?.... whoever changed the oil may not have put enough oil in it, not tightened the oil filter properly or dain plug properly, check the oil for the next few days to see if its going down and look for any oil spots where you park.....

Quick Reply: Need some help/advice about my 01 Z06, and help is much appreciated