Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Service ABS/Trac SYS/Act Hand

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service ABS/Trac SYS/Act Hand

Ok I have a 2001 vette and the service light came on for service abs/ taction system, and active handling. Well when i got the code read they said that it wasn't saying anything and that it may be a short. I was wondering if this has happened to any of you all or what to do it about it. On a side note I got my oil changed at jiffy lube and it started to happen right after that. Thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go here and follow the directions: http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm FYI, same thing happened to me recently and I had to replace the ABS module. Cost $1200 installed including tax. The part is $900 alone and you have to get it from the dealer. Good luck.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, if all that stuff, like your traction light/and or stability control came on while you where driving hard, or at high speeds....with traction ON...it will throw a code but, you can clear it by cycling the key off to on.

If your code is still there, or the light is still on, do me a favor and grab the code, post it, and i'll look up the possabilities that it could be,...and we'll get her fixed.

But, chances are paragragh one is your problem/fix.

Let me know.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys a really appreciate it. But V- the thing it it isn't throwing a code. And the dealer said they aint gonna fix it becuase if they claim it under warrenty, and they send the part to the warrenty company and it works then they could loose money or something like that. Anyway. They said it isn't throwing a code, but I am gonna get a shop to read it not a dealership and see if they are telling the truth or what ever it is. They said it may be a short and they really don't know what the problem is. Anyway thanks.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

If all those warning lights are on, then it's definitely got a code. Who checked it? You can check yourself, using the info already posted. My bet is your getting a C1214 code, like I had. On mine, it was a bad BPMV (Brake Pressure Modulating Valve.) It was fixed under warranty, so I don't know how much it was. But that is one half of the ABS/TC assembly. The other half, the EBTCM, which can also cause that code, is like $650 at the low cost internet friendly GM dealers.

Last edited by Mike Frey; 01-17-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by screaminchicken73
Thanks guys a really appreciate it. But V- the thing it it isn't throwing a code. And the dealer said they aint gonna fix it becuase if they claim it under warrenty, and they send the part to the warrenty company and it works then they could loose money or something like that. Anyway. They said it isn't throwing a code, but I am gonna get a shop to read it not a dealership and see if they are telling the truth or what ever it is. They said it may be a short and they really don't know what the problem is. Anyway thanks.

Bro, if you have warranty...it should be covered no matter what, even if it's extended warranty, and not GM's. It's the dealerships job to call them and get the proper diagnosis time. If they don't help you, call them yourself, and speak to a rep.

Anyhow,...let me know about the code.

J
Old 01-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Default mine does it to.

I seriously think it has to do w/ a voltage problem or connection problem. My car started doing that, but only in the hotter months when there is more strain on the battery, etc. Since it has gotten colder, I don't get them anymore. I'm sure when it gets summertime, they will start up again. I just clear them and go on. I may get a better battery or a higher amp alternator.

I have seen a correlation with lower voltage gauge readings and more codes being thrown.

hope this helps,
danny

Quick Reply: Service ABS/Trac SYS/Act Hand