Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

grand sport rims??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 04:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default grand sport rims??

anybody know the typical value of OEM grand sport rims?, I would say they're about an 8 out of 10 as far as cosmetics go's, pretty much just minor signs of use, not abuse... wondering if I should get rid of them, dont think they would look too hot on a C5..
Old 06-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on the condition (are they bent?) and size, many C4 and C5 owners use them for autocrossing. They have the right spacing to allow for a 17x11 in the front and rear. Also, many F-body guys like them too. I would make an offer, but I am having body work done to my car this week. I would say that you can get between $400 and $700.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheels are straight, I could get proof of that, but I allready do have auto-x rims/tires, I might put some low profile racing slicks for track use but probably just burn up my v710's instead, I did find out that 17"tires are a few lb's lighter than 18's today, so that does kinda make me think twice about the performance aspect of smaller rims = less rotating mass = more power output.... though I could use the $$, I'll post up pics soon and see what I can get for them, I was thinking around that 6-7hundred seeing as how there good oem's...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a guideline, brand new ones from a Chevrolet dealer are about $400 each. But also keep in mind you will be competing with the non-OEM wheels in the marketplace which look just as good and are around $235 each brand new. Hope that helps. I like those wheels a lot and run them on my car.