Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Price on a c5.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Price on a c5.

I have been looking at getting a bunch of different cars. First i wanted an evo 8, but just not really a huge fan of the looks of the car. Then I was thinking g35 or 350z. I love the way both look, but there actually pretty slow. My very good buddy told me to just get a vette, and all vette owners never regret it. Then hes like go beat on my car, and come back and you will want one for sure. Ive driven his 01 z06 a bunch of times, but never for more then a couple minutes. We were out for about 45 min, and i really like the vette over all it is a great package. Body looks great, performs great, Lsx is great motor, and i thought that i would really like gettin a c5. So i began looking for seriously at them, and i guess i was semi supprised to see how high they are at dealers. Alot of dealers are asking 8-10k over blue book value of the car. I could see paying blue book. I kbb'd a 97 and it came up around 16k private party. But all of them at dealers around me are asking 22k+. Our buddy nick just sold his 98 vette with 50k miles about a year ago. He was asking 19, and ending up getting 17,500, and it took him 3 mo's to sell. I see all these people in the forum that get them for sub 20k, but i guess i am just having a hard time. I know if i wait the right car will come along. I would really like an frc, but those are also very hard to find. I would like to keep price under 20k so i can dump 5k in mods into it right away. The vette wont be the only car as i have a Acura cl, and bike. It will be something fun to drive when the weather is nice, and i need to get back into a sports car. Sorry about the long post. But my main question is what is a fair price for a 97 98 c5 with around 60k miles, and will dealers that are asking 22k usually come down in price on these cars? or do i have to wait for the right private party to find a sub 20k c5. Thanks, Chris
Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my FRC 2 weeks ago.....I paid $17,500 for it with 77k on the ticker. I did get it from a small dealer and had to travel 1200 miles to get it, so there are deals out there, just may not be close by.

BTW, F-bodies are pretty nice too....want to buy my formula
Old 06-25-2006, 12:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. Only lsx cars i would own are rx7, 240sx, and vette. Driven alot of f bodies, way to comen in IL. Ive been around the drag racing scene for years, and now just really want a fun car to drive, especially on highway and stuff. 17500 for frc is good deal. Where were you looking to find this car? autotrader and ebay are main places im looking, but hard for me to buy a car sight unseen, ie ebay. Thanks for the post, gives me hope i can find one for a good price. Thanks, Chris